How to turn off SMS text to voice.

webguycliff

Reaction score
I had to replace my Razr, and during the install, I mistakingly said yes to the Voice SMS function. So now everytime I get a text, the stupid thing talks to me. I checked all over the settings and I can't shut this off. Any ideas?

I'm about ready to just factory wipe the thing and start over. I backed up my apps with Appmonster, but its still a pain.

Thanks

SallyC

Reaction score
Go to Settings, Manage Apps and select the All tab. I don't know which app you're wanting to remove this as the default for, but if you select it you should see the option to clear it as the default for what it's set for.

At least I have that with apps I've made default launch for certain things.

cheesehead007

Reaction score
If you have a car dock (or have an app that "tricks" the phone into car mode), I saw it in the settings there. Not sure if it will turn off the chatty text message reading *all* the time, or just while it's in car mode. Worth a try, good luck!

jshaw1967

Reaction score
Wow I have the opposite problem. I want it to read my texts and can't figure out how to so it. Any suggestions?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

OP
W

webguycliff

Reaction score
Ha, I actually just redid my phone. In the process I figured out what I believe it was. It's in the Call settings>Assisted Dialing. It seems to default to it being on. So this time I unchecked it, and no text to speech now on texts. Not sure if that's it, but I'm not going to mess with it now!:biggrin:

wcq

Reaction score
In car dock mode goDancingNexus to settings and uncheck the tts feature. It says underneath disables the audio