How To Turn Off Notification Sound?

tontovy

Reaction score
Hi, I have a Droid Incredible and there is a notification sound that I don't know how to turn off. Its when I go into the android market and go to update all my apps, once one finishes updating I get a notification sound, so when your updating 20 apps it can get annoying. I also have Lookout Mobile Security and Antivirus on my phone, not sure if those are giving off the notification, any help would be good thanks.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Are you getting a notification in the bar as well? If so, you can pull down the bar and click on the notification to see which app is generating the notification.

z96Cobra

Reaction score
Just my $.02 but... I never update automatically or all at once. Some updates make the program worse or take features away or even add ads (including apps you've paid for). I always check the change log and user comments before updating. I have about 15 apps that I haven't updated in ages. As long as it still functions the way I like, I don't update if people report problems with the update. I let others be the guinea pigs!

As for the notification issue, open the market app and hit the menu button. Look around in there for notification items. I'm on OG Droid so I don't have any experience with your phone.

Last edited: