how to turn off green notification light

claudiaf

Reaction score
can you turn off green notification light since it drives me crazy while sleeping

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yea assuming the green light is for messaging like it is for stock (at least on my phone) go to the list where it shows all ur threads, select menu, then settings and scroll down a little to uncheck notifications before u go to sleep.

Or just place ur phone face down lol

Or if u go into notification settings I believe u can just turn off the light and keep the other notifications on.

But best bet put the phone with the light down I do it anyway cause I'm a heavy sleeper and the speaker on the back I always leave facing up so the sound isn't muted when my alarm goes off.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums app

AMelis

Reaction score
If you are rooted, and you should be, try LED's Hack from the Market. Excellent.

lordammon

Reaction score
Yea assuming the green light is for messaging like it is for stock (at least on my phone) go to the list where it shows all ur threads, select menu, then settings and scroll down a little to uncheck notifications before u go to sleep.

Or just place ur phone face down lol

Or if u go into notification settings I believe u can just turn off the light and keep the other notifications on.

But best bet put the phone with the light down I do it anyway cause I'm a heavy sleeper and the speaker on the back I always leave facing up so the sound isn't muted when my alarm goes off.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums app

Thats good when you aren't using the Multimedia Dock to charge your phone. I press the lock button to turn off the screen and the 4 buttons at the bottom but if and email comes in, the green light still blinks, and just also sleeping with my eyes closed the blinking bright light is enough to wake me up some times. I am trying to find an app or some way to turn off the LED during certain hours. I tried Bedside but it didn't work (Glad I got my money back on that.) I will try turning off the notifications tonight and see but do you have any other suggestions?

Last edited:

cubsfan187

Reaction score
Search for FoxyRing in the market. It allows you to set silent times when all notifications will be off. I do believe that there is the option to turn off the lights in that app as well. Hope that helps a little.

scf

Reaction score
I wonder if Tasker could help. I've no experience with the app, but I've read plenty on it's capabilities.

AMelis

Reaction score
Let me try this again...

IF YOU ARE ROOTED, AND YOU SHOULD BE, TRY LED's HACK FROM THE MARKET. EXCELLENT

Just does LED lights, and track ball. Nothing else, but that is the idea....If you want something that gives you silent time with all the notifications off, turn off the phone. Enjoy.

scf

Reaction score
Now now...

I even looked at the marked for what you speak:

LEDs Hack (ROOT ONLY) - Android app on AppBrain

It specifically says "Only for: Droid, Incredible, Desire, EVO, MyTouch Slide, Sprint Hero & Nexus One."

Nowhere does it mention Droid X. He offers to help if you have a phone other than the ones mentioned.

Did you put it on your DX and get it to work?

lordammon

Reaction score
Let me try this again...

IF YOU ARE ROOTED, AND YOU SHOULD BE, TRY LED's HACK FROM THE MARKET. EXCELLENT

Just does LED lights, and track ball. Nothing else, but that is the idea....If you want something that gives you silent time with all the notifications off, turn off the phone. Enjoy.

I don't see why everyone has to root their phone. It is their choice if they want to or not. But just turning off email notification worked great for me! No more light coming on at night or the phone waking me up to tell me I have an email message.