How to turn off email/text ringing droid 3

Dis2cruise

Reaction score
I always keep my phone near my bedside however every email or text it rings. How do I turn this off and keep my phone on my bed stand again.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Disable your text and email notifications.

Or use a profiles app.

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
Each app will have it own notifications settings independent of the "global" settings.

In your email app, access it's menu and settings and disable notifications (or select "silent" for the notification sound). Do the same for your text messaging app.

These apps will use your "global" settings if you do not change the apps settings but the apps settings will override the global ones once set.

You could also download and install/configure an app like Timeriffic which allows you to set timed events....like turn off email/txt notifications at 9:00pm and another for turning notifications back on at 8:00am, etc...

Props

Reaction score
Followup . . . once you receive a notification of a text or email via a sound, is there any way to silence that? On my old smart phone once I received an audible alert, as soon as I touched a button on my smart phone, the sound would cease. That way I could hear the alert, but silence it once I picked up my phone? Does the Droid 3 support that, or something like that . . .
Thanks