How to turn off auto cc myself in email

firehawk_71

Reaction score
My boss has a droid pro and he has noticed that whenever he sends email from his droid pro he receives a copy of the email in his inbox which he does not want. On my phone (Glaxay S2) this is easy to turn off as there is a setting in the options where you can turn this on and off. On the droid pro however I can't seem to find the setting anywhere in the options and I have looked through pretty much every setting I can find. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have searched this forum and all over the internet but can't seem to find an answer to my problem.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Welcome to the forum!

What email APP is he using?

OP
F

firehawk_71

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum!

What email APP is he using?

He is using the stock email app that is built into the phone. I had read in other forums that using the Touchdown app is a way to work around the issue but our CEO is not the type of guy that wants to learn a new email app (he can be a bit stubborn at times). I think I may have found a way to trick the phone into turning off automatic cc. I selected the option to show the cc and bcc fields and made sure they were both empty, then his the cc and bcc fields. I sent an email from his phone to test it out after making this change and there was no cc'd email in his inboc this time... so it looks like we fixed it (at least for now).

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Oh that is good, yeah I use Touchdown over the stock one and I love it.