How to turn light off on docking station

neighner

Reaction score
I like sleep with no light in the room. How do I get the screen to turn totally black while on the docking station?

oldblackcrow

Reaction score
I use an app called "Bedside" which is totally customizable. I just tap my power button and off go the lights with the rest still functioning. This past weekend, I did root my phone and froze the pre-installed dock app with no negative effects. If you're rooted... give it a try. Good luck!

Sent from D2G

OP
N

neighner

Reaction score
I use an app called "Bedside" which is totally customizable. I just tap my power button and off go the lights with the rest still functioning. This past weekend, I did root my phone and froze the pre-installed dock app with no negative effects. If you're rooted... give it a try. Good luck!

Sent from D2G

So I have to be rooted for that? I'm not.

wyld

Reaction score
Try settings - applications - development and click off stay wake while charging. It may be different for the Droid 2 but that's where it is for my DX. really no reason to root for that! Your screen will time out and go to sleep.

DROIDX DarkSlideX 1.15 Ghz

oldblackcrow

Reaction score

Sent from D2G

So I have to be rooted for that? I'm not.

No need to be rooted for Bedside... just to freeze the media dock.

Sent from D2G