How to troubleshoot wifi on LGB?

bodean

Reaction score
V5,v6, and now v7, I have issues with my home wifi on my woman's droid x. My iphone, xbox, boxee, everything works fine except the droid x.
I have 802.11 Mode set to Mixed 802.11n and 802.11g.
I run WPA - Personal, WPA Mode Auto (WPA or WPA2).
It finds the network, connects, and will work for a minute or so. Then stay connected, but nothing will load (webpages, updates on market, etc).
It has a valid IP. Any ideas how to troubleshoot this?

meaker

Reaction score
I had a simliar problem. I thought I figured out the problem was cause by having both liberty toolboxes but I'm not 100% sure that it.. Try doing a reset data...

meaker

Reaction score
I haven't pinpoint what's causing the problem but I think it's a app that's not playing friendly with gb.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

meaker

Reaction score
Well I'm still having a disconnect but still showing it's connected... Going to try WIFI fixerfree in the market to see if that helps

nycorduroy

Reaction score
My wifi is randomly turning off occasionally while on my home network????

Sent from my DROIDX

meaker

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm still having problems. My wifi symbol will be showing but wifi will stop working.. I think it's a gb problem not a liberty problem. I think it could be a app but haven't figured what app it is.. My next thing is to try sbf and reinstalling the 2 part rooted gb.. Anyone else got any ideas how to fix?

Koveleski

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.kovdev.com
From what I can find, via Google, it looks to be affecting users on the OTA. It's not a Liberty issue, but something with moto's GB.

meaker

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm aware that it seems to be a gb problem. If the mods want to move the thread the can..

I've notice that my wifi symbol will ail show even when it stops working. And even change in strength when I move closer to the router but the phone won't connect to the wifi fire apps or browser.. Also when it's like this it won't use 3g.

meaker

Reaction score
Well I did a sbf to froyo, rooted, installed the 2 part gb and still having the problem.. I did a google search and it seems like maybe it's a gb not liking a router setting.. Now I no nothing about routers but somebody fixed their wifi issue with gb by changing the setting to anything other then N. He said he set his to G.. Does anyone know what this is and how to do it? I couldn't figure how to do it on mine netgear router. But like I said I know nothing..lol