How to transfer videos from phone to computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
You'll have to use a windows explorer type app to move the files from your internal phone storage to your internal sd card, something like astro, just navigate one directory above where it defaults to and you'll find the phone storage folders

scottzilla

Reaction score
Ok, I'm using a Droid X, so their may be some slight differences.

First, plug your phone into the computer using the micro-USB port.

At that point you should get a USB notification. Drag your notification bar down, tap the USB connection and choose USB Mass Storage.

You should see the SD card of your phone show up on the computer as a USB Drive.

Open the drive on the computer and navigate to the DCIM folder. Somewhere in there you should find your video files, probably with the extension .3gp

They may be under a different folder. Search around.

Drag and drop them into the folder of your choice on the computer.

When you are done be sure to properly eject the USB drive from your computer before disconnecting the phone. If you want the phone to automatically mount the SD card each time leave it in USB Mass Storage. If not change it to whatever you normally have it in. I leave it in Charge Only.

OK, I mounted my phone and cannot find any video files. On my Dinc
the vids are saved in the devices internal memory, not on the sd card.

Can someone explain how to get internally saved videos from the Droid to my PC??
I see a DCIM file but as far as I can tell videos are not in this file.

Thanks in advance.

OP
K

kinos

Reaction score
I used astro and it worked perfectly. Thanks!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using DroidForums App

chiefb41

Reaction score
Ok, I'm using a Droid X, so their may be some slight differences.

First, plug your phone into the computer using the micro-USB port.

At that point you should get a USB notification. Drag your notification bar down, tap the USB connection and choose USB Mass Storage.

You should see the SD card of your phone show up on the computer as a USB Drive.

Open the drive on the computer and navigate to the DCIM folder. Somewhere in there you should find your video files, probably with the extension .3gp

They may be under a different folder. Search around.

Drag and drop them into the folder of your choice on the computer.

When you are done be sure to properly eject the USB drive from your computer before disconnecting the phone. If you want the phone to automatically mount the SD card each time leave it in USB Mass Storage. If not change it to whatever you normally have it in. I leave it in Charge Only.

Looking for some help. Using the info above I can find the videos I am looking for on my Droid (great description!). However when I go to view the video its just purple, still able to hear sound though. I also downloaded V cast media and it did the same thing, just a purple screen. I can view the video on the Droid itself just fine. What am I doing wrong? I am using Quicktime v7.6.9. Appreciate any info. Thanks!

TwerpPoet

Reaction score
Looking for some help. Using the info above I can find the videos I am looking for on my Droid (great description!). However when I go to view the video its just purple, still able to hear sound though. I also downloaded V cast media and it did the same thing, just a purple screen. I can view the video on the Droid itself just fine. What am I doing wrong? I am using Quicktime v7.6.9. Appreciate any info. Thanks!

I'm sorry, but I don't think I can be of much help. I'm running an iMac with the QuickTime Player version 10.0. I don't have the the OS X version Quicktime Pro 7.6.x, let alone the Windows version.

If you want to post a shared link to a sample movie I'll be happy to look at it and let you know what I find out. I do have a Window 7 netbook gathering dust, so I could take a peak at it there as well as on my main computer.

droid41

Reaction score
How to Play transferred video on PC

I'm sorry, but I don't think I can be of much help. I'm running an iMac with the QuickTime Player version 10.0. I don't have the the OS X version Quicktime Pro 7.6.x, let alone the Windows version.

If you want to post a shared link to a sample movie I'll be happy to look at it and let you know what I find out. I do have a Window 7 netbook gathering dust, so I could take a peak at it there as well as on my main computer.
I was able to email my 47 second video from my Droid to my PC, but QuickTime v7.6.9, RealPlayer and FinalMediaPlayer will not play it. QT says Error 2048 and it does not recognize the file. I have made sure 3gpp is one of QTs files to play in preferences, still no luck. PC is Windows Vista. Any help please?

Last edited:

jbl79705

Reaction score
OK GUYS!!!! YOU'RE THE EXPERTS!!! So here's a DOOOOOZY for ya!!

I have a new samsung droid charge and i made a video of the 4th fireworks. AWESOME ON THE PLAYBACK!!! HQ with Dolby 5.1 surround sound!!! I tried to upload to youtube but it said that they have an upload limit of 1 GB. So i decided to wirelessly download, convert it, and slice it up into piece using Roxio 2010 Commander. thats when i ran into trouble.got one copy done wirelessly then did another via USB.. Roxio didn't recognize it...on the phone the file extension is .3gp but whenever i download it the file type shows to be .mp4. on top of that the file size is totally different than what i know it is (14 minutes HQ video shows up as 253 MB (265,507,268 bytes) on downloaded version and 343 MB (359,682,774 bytes) on phone (remember youtube said it was over 1GB) (when usb is both connected and unconnected between phone and computer) they both show with MPEG-4 File Format (.mp4) extension when the usb cable is connected. if I unplug my phone from computer then the file type shows .3GP on the details for the video on the phone itself. the file size on the phone and computer is the same (above). so you see i am in a delima... i want to download and convert but file sizes don't match to what i know it is. I tried to use old--OLD dos method of changing file type for that one file to .3gp but to no avail (too many years and too many beers).... can anyone help?:':)':)'(

B

Brucew0617

Just use USB cable to connect your computer and phone, and then select the storage mode, and then find your video

cytheriamiller

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
htc
To transfer video from Android to laptop, you need to have an USB cable which you connect to your phone and laptop. You will see an installation bubble pop up in the bottom right of your screen. On your Android phone pull down the notification window and tap USB connected. Tap Mount on the notification window that appears. Find the removable storage drive and drag and drop the desired files to the drive. In your phones notification window tap Turn off USB storage and then unplug your phone.
And you can also use some program to transfer them from galaxy to laptop, here I recommend you the *Removed* which can help you transfer all photos as well as other data from Samsung Galaxy to laptop.

Karmakar

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
GT-18552
To transfer video from phone to laptop or pc unlimited data transfer, wireless and free app called WeLine. I recommend you to tray this app.

Status
Not open for further replies.