How to transfer playlists

49erDroidFan

Reaction score
Hey guys, I finally got a droid a couple days ago after getting rid of my iPhone. Anyway I wanted to know if there were any way I could get my playlists from my old iTunes to my sd card? I know how to make a playlist on the droid itself, but that would take some time cause I have a good amount of playlists. I just wanted to know if I could simply drag and drop it some way by creating a folder? Thanks

koralyne

Reaction score
im just gonna throw out there, that most playlists are an actual file that you can move around, so maybe if you can find the playlists and transfer them over manually?

i dont know if the iphone or droid works like this, cuz i dont have my droid yet. =\

but anyways, try that and see if it works.

kountryj

Reaction score
Your playlists are m3u files I believe. You can either make them on your pc or on your phone..if on your phone long press the artist you want to add, click add to playlist, then select new..that will let you rename it. Then if you want to add more just long press on a different artist/album/song, add to playlist and you can add this to the one you made previously or make a new one.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Your playlists are m3u files I believe. You can either make them on your pc or on your phone..if on your phone long press the artist you want to add, click add to playlist, then select new..that will let you rename it. Then if you want to add more just long press on a different artist/album/song, add to playlist and you can add this to the one you made previously or make a new one.

Sweet I was looking for that...

OP, FYI Not sure what you're using for your media on your PCs but if memory serves (it's been a while) you can use WinAmp to make m3u files (used to do that when I had a iRiver mp3 player). Got to check and see what my Zune software uses.