how to transfer old memory card to knew phone...

Bewarned

Reaction score
hey, im new to having a droid. i just got the x in the mail and i want to transfer my photos from my 1G card to my droid phone...only i cant figure out how to do it. any help out there would be appreciated!

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Connect your old phone to your laptop / computer & create a folder and then drag and drop the pictures into it and then drag and drop them onto your X SD card by mounting your X to the laptop / computer...if you can have both of them connected to your laptop or computer, you can drag & drop between both of them...

And welcome to the forums!!

Technoman

Reaction score
hey, im new to having a droid. i just got the x in the mail and i want to transfer my photos from my 1G card to my droid phone...only i cant figure out how to do it. any help out there would be appreciated!

Connect your Droid X to your PC via USB and pull down the notification menu at the top. Select "USB connection", and then select "USB Mass Storage".

This will allow you to use your Internal SD card in your Droid like a drive.

Connect your 1G to a different USB, and make sure that you have the files form there on your PC in iTunes.

Locate your PC files and move them to the appropriate folder on your Droid, or create a new folder to put them in. There is other ways of moving files using PC mode, or Windows Media Sync.

Play with the options and find the way that best suits you!

OP
B

Bewarned

Reaction score
not yet. i have the pictures on my laptop now but i cant figure out how to get them onto my phone. i tried DLing vcast mediamanager but some error comes up.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
How did you put them on your phone and are they all stored in a single folder? Do you have your X connected to your computer by mass storage mode?

OP
B

Bewarned

Reaction score
yeah i do, i dont know where to move them now.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Have you taken any pictures with your X? You should have a DCIM folder on your SD card, you can just drag and drop into there...

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
No worries, glad you got it!! ;)