How to tether my xoom wifi with my incredible 2?

jojo23

Reaction score
Thanks in advance for any suggestions and helps...

So I own a xoom wifi and I am trying to tether it to my HTC incredible 2. Do I need to root both of my devices in order for this to work, or do I only need to do so with one of the devices? Please help me. Thank you so much. I have never rooted anything before so I am very nervous lol.....

OP
J

jojo23

Reaction score
So I own a xoom wifi and I am trying to tether it to my HTC incredible 2. Do I need to root both of my devices in order for this to work, or do I only need to do so with one of the devices? Please help me. Thank you so much

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
You can do it two ways. 1 pay for the tethering app that is already on your phone for $20/month. 2 once root is available for 2.3.3 you can root and use a 3rd party tethering app and hope Verizon doesn't notice you and start charging you the $20/month. They are looking at the content you are downloading. Lets say you are streaming a couple of Netflix movies a month on your Xoom, and the Dinc2 doesn't support streaming Netflix. They will see that you are probably using a separate device and getting the data through the phone. They have said in the past that they will start charging for the tethering if they think you are doing it. Hopefully that makes sense to you.

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

OP
J

jojo23

Reaction score
If i was to root.... would it mean that I have to root both of my devices or just my phone or the xoom? Thanks..

OP
J

jojo23

Reaction score
thanks a lot... that really sorts out what I need to do next, which is what I am afraid of lol. I am not a techie at all so rooting is gonna be quite a challenge for me lol.

wcjeep

Reaction score
Does your incredible 2 support Bluetooth dial up networking? My Droid x does. No root necessary.

OP
J

jojo23

Reaction score
I am not sure, only that every time I tried to connect by bf, it would only pair but not connect.

dudeitsmattx

Reaction score
Hey can you use the app from the app store that uses the pass through internet? Easy tether light?

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums