How to Tether Droid X

yoitsmebenny

Reaction score
Alternatively, if your computer doesn't support Bluetooth, you can use the free app PdaNet to USB tether.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
but PdaNet is slow - directly connecting to the DX's network has been amazingly fast for me

Reaction score
The droid x can be tethered with Windows 7 using Bluetooth easily. Here is how to do it.
How to Tether Droid X

One quick question (and this may be dumb) but, don't you have to have the Verizon Tethering/Hot Spot feature on your phone line to do this as well? If not, I am going to try it tonight... I will be on vacation and may need to VPN to work where there is no phone line/internet connection.

yoitsmebenny

Reaction score
but PdaNet is slow - directly connecting to the DX's network has been amazingly fast for me

Okay so how do you do that if your computer doesn't support Bluetooth? Exactly. All I was saying.

Get a bluetooth dongle..... Rocketfish makes a nice one.

Or, alternatively, like I said in the first place, for people who don't want to purchase any additional products, they can use the free PdaNet software and the USB cable that is included in their box. Sheesh.

sven

Reaction score
Nice! Just did this successfully with a MacBook Pro via its internal Bluetooth. When you get to the screen where is asks what sort of modem it is, you tell it its a Motorola and choose the 3g option from the pull down. Leave username and password blank. Speed test reported 0.8 Mbps down and 0.07 Mbps up.

sven

Reaction score
cant u just root the x and use a tethering app ?
Sure you could. This is just another way to do it with a stock non-rooted device. Shows the flexability of the platform. :icon_ banana:

The X!

Reaction score
If you guys are still looking for a way on how to TETHER for FREE (at no additional monthly charges), there is a legit and official tethering app called 'TETHER' that's for both Blackberry and Android. I had it for my BB Storm and it was WONDERFUL! You can connect by USB or BT. It is unlimited also! But hurry up because it's at its lowest price right now: 19.99! I think it's one more day remaining.