How to Tether Droid(w/o net) to Laptop(w/net)

Free

Reaction score
How do you tether a Droid to your Laptop? I'm outside of the Verizon/3g network. I have tried ad-hoc and was unsuccessful. Does anyone have an idea how to do this... Is there an app. or a way to set up your laptop as a hotspot or act like a router?

I'm using Win 7 and Mota Droid Rooted

Thanks!

Last edited:

juswannabefree

Reaction score
Easy Tether?

I know there's an app called Easy Tether. I've got it downloaded but not tested yet. Just a thought. Maybe you tried it already and it didn't do the trick.:)

juswannabefree

Reaction score
Whoops, just realized you want to draw the network signal from your laptop to your droid so forget my suggestion. Sorry!

OP
F

Free

Reaction score
No worry's... That's the main problem I'm having is searching for the answer. Everything I type comes up with that type of solution. I have found two programs that may work. But, their having compatibility problems with my OS/computer. They need Win 7 with Win 7 certified hardware. (My Laptop is a Toshiba M700/ and it came with vista) This is a ...

Programs are;

Connectify - Turn your Windows 7 laptop into a Wi-Fi Hotspot - Frequently Asked Questions

Virtual Router - Wifi Hot Spot for Windows 7 / 2008 R2

Last edited:
OP
F

Free

Reaction score
Okay those programs are the right one but only on Win 7 certified systems. So I still have the problem but heads up for anyone else.

OP
F

Free

Reaction score
Hey I'll take anything bluetooth pairing, ad-hoc/apps-hack, or voo-doo curse... anything?

Like I said before the other programs work but not on my computer. Its works though a friends laptop but not mine. Nor will it the "Intel(R) Wireless WiFi Link 4965AGN" wifi card is not supported by these programs which are very cool by the way.

But a second problem has shown up I can log in to my gmail or google market place. Is there a good reason why? I'm out of the U.S. right now and am in the mid-east. Is there a work around?

Thanks for any help or guess

zinethar

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8 and Note 10
Why not just pop a wireless router on your wired network and let it serve your phone?

OP
F

Free

Reaction score
Snail mail take 6 to 8 weeks... Looking for a now type solution, but the router is coming.

azpilot

Reaction score
We did this in San Diego over the weekend in the hotel. Brothers Laptop is Win7 Ultimate. Used Wireless Tether (free from the marketplace) setup with Wep 128 bit, then took the laptop and did a search for the Droid, found it and connected right up. Was getting 2 meg down and .5 meg up. Worked all night long.

Scratch it, you want the other way sorry...

Edit, just did some testing, its interesting, the wireless wifi on the droid says i'm out of range sitting next to the laptop, yet using a wireless manager from the marketplace it see the connection no problem and tries to connect. Unless the droid for some reason through the regular wifi built in setting see's the network as in range I don't see this working.

This setup will not work, here is the thread on this forum, see the last posting in the thread

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-hacks/16804-connecting-adhoc-networks.html

Last edited: