1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

how to tell if the OMAP is entering error correction mode? Setting your own voltages.

Discussion in 'Cyanogenmod' started by rancur3p1c, Apr 23, 2011.

1. rancur3p1c

rancur3p1c New Member

So playing with prime's deprimed, want to push my voltages as low as possible for a given frequency. So set the max frequency to the frequency I want to test, no big deal. But how can I check if the cpu is entering error correction mode? Want to set the minimum voltage but not so low that it's entering this all the time, as this hurts the speed more than helps it.
  2. joshkinsey

joshkinsey New Member

I don't think there is a way to check.
  3. kptphalkon

kptphalkon New Member

Back away about 10% from the point at which you stop gaining performance/efficiency is my rule of thumb.
  4. prime

prime Kernel Developer Premium Member Developer

To check your vsel values are being used do this after setting them, as far as ECC checking I don't know of a way to check when it's activated other than noticing the system slows down. If you notice heat where there normally is none, this is also a good indication of ECC correction.

Code:
    cat /proc/overclock/mpu_opps

5. rancur3p1c

rancur3p1c New Member

I was thinking a short benchmark that runs X number of times and logs the time required for completion would be sufficient. I have noticed if I clock higher and turn down the voltage a bit, that some of the benchmarks in setcpu take a good 25% or so longer than usual. Turning the voltage back up this goes away. Making an app that runs a single bench 500x and records the times would let you see this reliably.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  6. meishkov

meishkov New Member

Yea it would be amazing to have an app or commands or something that somehow can like run a series of vsels for a range of frequencies, like multiple benches for each one numerous times of course, but just be able to find that impossible to pinpoint perfect combination of speed, performance, efficiency, and battery life, since each one of our OGs is different, its completely unpredictable doing a certain thing to our phone that works well on someone elses phone and know if it'll work well without testing it over a day or so. Now I know the majority of the juice comes from the kernel, but after that like all the other little tweaks like compcache or swap partition, build.prop edits, etc.. Just trying to keep my OG as long as I can. Might have to try that SBF then re-root strategy over in the bugless forum to start back from completely scratch then reload everything. Seems like a lot of people are having success with it, seems wiping doesn't completely wipe and flashing over and over things gets congested...understandable I suppose.:icon_eek: