How to talk without a number showing on bill?

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
Incorrect, the GV access number is called, not the person's GV number.

You misread and you're actually the one who's incorrect. He stipulated "and you make the call by calling into your Google voice number and then initiating the call from within Google voice" in which case it is the GV number that appears on the bill and not any access number.

maddog0331

Reaction score
You misread and you're actually the one who's incorrect. He stipulated "and you make the call by calling into your Google voice number and then initiating the call from within Google voice" in which case it is the GV number that appears on the bill and not any access number.

You still need to erase that number within google voice. The the app stores the numbers and text messages sent from the app.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
You still need to erase that number within google voice. The the app stores the numbers and text messages sent from the app.

if you dial directly into your gv number, you don't have to use the app. i know if you send texts through GV, the app will store them, but that's because you're using the app. In this case you don't have to open the app at all. simply dial your google voice number, pick option 2, dial the number you want hidden and connect. when you get your bill, your gv number is the outbound call, as is it in your call log. the app has nothing to do with making the call

maddog0331

Reaction score
if you dial directly into your gv number, you don't have to use the app. i know if you send texts through GV, the app will store them, but that's because you're using the app. In this case you don't have to open the app at all. simply dial your google voice number, pick option 2, dial the number you want hidden and connect. when you get your bill, your gv number is the outbound call, as is it in your call log. the app has nothing to do with making the call

That's all correct but from my own experience it didn't matter what way I used it will always store. I use it mainly to make international calls. Also, if you sign thru the net the numbers will show there. I believe that the OP wants to get rid of any trace.