How to take off password

nalgon

Reaction score
I was messing around with Foxfi and told me to put a password. Now I want to take the password off. I click on Screen lock but where it says Turn off by administrator is shaded out. Please Help.

Cobra_Gt

Reaction score
Yes, I just went through the same thing yesterday with my RAZR Maxx. Under Security & Screen lock in settings, I tapped Clear Credentials, and then the option for None was available. This will need to be redone if you activate Foxfi again. It seems to be a VPN work around they did.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

OP
N

nalgon

Reaction score
Yes, I just went through the same thing yesterday with my RAZR Maxx. Under Security & Screen lock in settings, I tapped Clear Credentials, and then the option for None was available. This will need to be redone if you activate Foxfi again. It seems to be a VPN work around they did.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Thanks a lot!!

Daybreak

Reaction score
Howdy,
I was in the same position with FoxFI.

It does make changes, it makes it so you have to use a PIN or Password. Because of these changes, it makes all the other lock screen settings greyed out. The only way to get those settings back is to clear credentials. You will then be able to select any lock screen item. You will then have to go thru the whole process of doing that each time you would make the change again using FoxFI.

Pyzon

Reaction score
I was going to ask this same question as I had given FoxFi a try as well.....

So if I want FoxFi on the S5 the password is mandatory ?

Does FoxFi work on the S5 ? I sent them and email a week ago with no response.

Thanks for the help !

chris215

Reaction score
I was going to ask this same question as I had given FoxFi a try as well.....

So if I want FoxFi on the S5 the password is mandatory ?

Does FoxFi work on the S5 ? I sent them and email a week ago with no response.

Thanks for the help !

It is working for me. I recently upgraded from the S3. The only difference/extra step is after you activate FoxFi, you are prompted to turn on your mobile hotspot. On my S3 FoxFi did it for you.