How to take advantage of internal mem after root?

whatllitbenext

Reaction score
To the Community:

I've been searching and it seems it's not yet possible to access the internal mem with a PC after rooting.

1. Is this correct? I've been searching alot of forums and I figured I'd just verify that info.

2. My whole purpose of rooting was taking advantage of the internal memory as my SD card is full and I'm waiting for 32gb cards to come down in price. I don't really care about roms, bloatware, oc-ing, etc. I've got Root Explorer and can navigate no prob. Just wondering how to store pix and access them with Just Pictures / Gallery / etc. if the answer to my first question is "no".

TIA.

maderschramm

Reaction score
well, it's not exactly 'no' but the ease of which gaining access to said files is not as easy as you're probably looking for.

you can't simply 'view' the directories with a file manager - you need to use adb tools

so, for example, I assume you're wanting to put music there or something.

you'd need to connect your phone up, get adb running, make a dir in your phones internal mem for your files, then do something like:

adb push [musicfile] /[directory]/[musicfile]

OP
W

whatllitbenext

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply.

More to the point, if I do go about educating myself, essentially, how to become an Android developer, and use an adb tool as you mentioned, will I at all be able to have apps (music, just pictures, etc.) take advantage (i.e. access) of the extra storage, as far as your aware?

Thanks again.