How to sync extended battery with motorola photon?

Discussion in 'Android Forum' started by Howdareyoukitty, Apr 9, 2012.

1. Howdareyoukitty

Howdareyoukitty New Member

I have the motorola photon 4g and i bought a Hyperion 3500mAH for it. The battery is awesome but my phone will just sit at 1% until the battery dies. My phone is rooted but i used a one click root script and not a Rom or whatever so i cannot boot into recovery to clear battery stats. or at least i didn't see that as an option in recovery. So how can i sync the battery with the battery life bar on me phone.

NVM- Guess i'ma try this https://www.gorillagadgets.com/helpdesk/knowledgebase.php?article=1
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2012
  2. vasuncion

vasuncion New Member

I have exactly same problem, same Hyperion Batt, did you find any solution?
  3. TatDroid

TatDroid Active Member

The terminology you're looking for here is "calibration" (rather than "sync"). If you do a search for that term here you'll find several threads dealing with it. You'll also see that Motorola phones have a problem with some non-OEM (i.e. non-Motorola) batteries. The firmware in the phone sometimes refuses to recognize and accept battery info from some non-OEM batteries, so it reads just as if it were a standard battery, until the reading gets down to 1%, where it will then remain until the phone eventually shuts down when it runs out of juice.

I tried various battery calibration techniques and several calibration apps, but I was never able to solve this problem with my non-rooted Motorola Bionic.
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2012
  4. TatDroid

TatDroid Active Member

I'm guessing you don't have a Motorola phone, do you? See my original reply immediately above yours for the problem Motorola phones have with some non-OEM batteries. And, since the OP is seeing this issue, his Motorola phone is not communicating with this particular non-OEM battery.

I spent about 4 weeks trying many, many different options to try to remedy this - unsuccessfully. If the OP is able to find a fix I'd love to hear it!
Search tags for this page
best extended battery for motorola photon

extended battery for motorola photon

extended battery for photon 4g
extended battery motorola photon
extended battery photon 4g
hyperion motorola photon 4g 3500mah extended battery
hyperion motorola photon battery

motorola photon battery

motorola photon extended battery

motorola photon extended battery calibration

photon 4g extended battery