How to sync extended battery with motorola photon?

Howdareyoukitty

Reaction score
I have the motorola photon 4g and i bought a Hyperion 3500mAH for it. The battery is awesome but my phone will just sit at 1% until the battery dies. My phone is rooted but i used a one click root script and not a Rom or whatever so i cannot boot into recovery to clear battery stats. or at least i didn't see that as an option in recovery. So how can i sync the battery with the battery life bar on me phone.

NVM- Guess i'ma try this https://www.gorillagadgets.com/helpdesk/knowledgebase.php?article=1

Last edited:

vasuncion

Reaction score
I have exactly same problem, same Hyperion Batt, did you find any solution?

TatDroid

Reaction score
The terminology you're looking for here is "calibration" (rather than "sync"). If you do a search for that term here you'll find several threads dealing with it. You'll also see that Motorola phones have a problem with some non-OEM (i.e. non-Motorola) batteries. The firmware in the phone sometimes refuses to recognize and accept battery info from some non-OEM batteries, so it reads just as if it were a standard battery, until the reading gets down to 1%, where it will then remain until the phone eventually shuts down when it runs out of juice.

I tried various battery calibration techniques and several calibration apps, but I was never able to solve this problem with my non-rooted Motorola Bionic.

Last edited:

TatDroid

Reaction score
smethrony said:
I don't have a motorola photon so I have a no idea of this problem

I'm guessing you don't have a Motorola phone, do you? See my original reply immediately above yours for the problem Motorola phones have with some non-OEM batteries. And, since the OP is seeing this issue, his Motorola phone is not communicating with this particular non-OEM battery.

I spent about 4 weeks trying many, many different options to try to remedy this - unsuccessfully. If the OP is able to find a fix I'd love to hear it!