How to sync extended battery w/ battery bar?

tj2jennings

Reaction score
I just got the extended battery I ordered from Gorilla Gadgets for my Droid 2 Global, and it works great. But how do I sync my new battery with the battery bar on my phone? The battery bar currently reduces at the speed the original battery did. My phone still continues to use the rest of the battery, but how can I make the battery bar show the correct percentages?

sbonagof

Reaction score
I just got the extended battery I ordered from Gorilla Gadgets for my Droid 2 Global, and it works great. But how do I sync my new battery with the battery bar on my phone? The battery bar currently reduces at the speed the original battery did. My phone still continues to use the rest of the battery, but how can I make the battery bar show the correct percentages?

150 views and no replies? How do we get a Droid 2 Global (or in my case a rooted Droid 2) to recognize the Gorilla Gadgets 3500 mah battery? The phone still thinks it has the stock battery in it and doesn't recognize the increased capacity. What is the fix? Is there a link to the fix if it has already been answered? I tried the search function using several different keyword queries and got a sea of largely irrelevant posts and no answer.

It's surprising that the battery doesn't come with a link to a software patch that would reset the phone's battery stats to know it has a 3500 mah battery. Seems like Gorilla potentially managed to build a quality extended battery, but aren't savvy enough with Android to know how to make their product work with Android OS.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Should just fully charge go into recovery and wipe battery stats then run the battery down.

end of line...