How to Sync D2G google calendar, contacts with wired connection?

ErnieGilman

Reaction score
I have US service through Verizon, with the original Verizon SIM card and no hacks or other mods of the phone. I am in Saudi Arabia and DO NOT want to pay for data here. I have okay internet service via my Lenovo T420 PC running Windows 7.

Is there a way to sync the google calendar via a wired connection between the Global and my computer? While the cloud is wonderful, I have a totally clear sky and zero clouds, but a nice piece of wire and connectors on both devices.

OP
ErnieGilman

ErnieGilman

Reaction score
how are you connect to internet on pc, ethernet?
you maybe able to share internet through pc's wifi
would have to enable pc's DHCP

or try [App] Reverse Tether[USB]-share your pc internet with mobile! *no spl skills needed*

I connect via a wireless network in my work situation or at the hotel; I can also connect wired at the hotel. At home, when the phone is linked in or whatever you call it to Verizon and I make changes on my computer, those changes appear almost instantly on the Droid 2G.
Could you explain "enable DHCP" ? Is it as simply as finding... uh, I don't even know how to ask!
FWIW, I just turned on WiFi on the phone and connected to the hotel WiFi. It's been about five minutes and it has not yet synced, so I guess I need to know about DHCP.

I have another question open in this forum, which is how to enter my local time in Saudi and have it still show as the same hour when I get home, that is, "12:00 Noon: went to park" does not turn into "1:00 AM: went to park," which is correct re GMT but which is worthless in my phone as I need to remember things at the clock time when I experienced them, not as related to GMT. Since I have no answer about that yet, I have to hope this doesn't give me apparently time-shifted entries.

Maybe after I get that settled, I'll try the reverse tether thing. That sounds like a winner thing to know about!

(By the way, I'm not such an idiot when it comes to audio and video....)