1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

How to switch from DroidMod to other Roms? BEST ROM?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by charrod796, Mar 23, 2010.

1. charrod796

charrod796 New Member

I am sure this has been posted somewhere else on this site... if so anyone care to redirect me? DroidMod is starting to piss me off so probobly gonna switch.... what would you guys say is the best rom to switch to?
  2. Humpa

Humpa New Member

I like Adamz's ESE53 rom the best - I like his Smoked Glass theme (as do so many).
    But any of the ESE53 rom's are going to be pretty much the same, aside from the theme the dev uses.
  3. TekHawk

TekHawk New Member

[ROM] Bugless Beast V0.9 ESE53 (Options Gallore!)!)

details about installing can be found in the F.A.Q link on that page I personally use Bugless Beast 0.9 with Adamz low power kernal and the Adamz theme that Pete modified to be green and to use some of the customizations he made "blue is not my friend lol"
  4. Humpa

Humpa New Member

Hmmm ... I like green. Maybe I'll try Pete's then.
    Damn, I wish you didn't mention that. I was happy with my rom.
  5. tdog7879

tdog7879 New Member

Hands down the best ROM Out!!!!http://www.droidforums.net/forum/an...remix-rom-cyanmod-5-0-5-v0-1-3-21-2010-a.html Iwent with the original kernal and im overclocked 1000 and it is super fast and smooth!!
  6. cupfulloflol

cupfulloflol New Member

There is no such thing as the best ROM as this thread is proving, everyone has their personal favorites. Try a few and see which one works best for you. Follow the instructions in the particular thread for the ROM, and you should be good to go.
  7. Humpa

Humpa New Member

Adamz's Smoked Glass, Pete's Bugless Beast, Ultimate Droid, and Chevy are the common ESE53 roms, I think. And they're all basically the same - minor differences (at least to me they're minor - like the theme).
    And cyanogenmod is the only AOSP rom currently.

I'd recommend an ESE53 rom first. Try cyanogenmod if you get bored and want to try something else.
  8. creamers

creamers New Member

Well I like Droidmod which you have right now on on Adamz Smoked Glass Rom look cool as crap. But it uses alot more battery for me.
  9. TekHawk

TekHawk New Member

only rom still not making ESE53 verions sadly is DM did you try to low voltage kernals with adamz? i hate more power issues with DM then anything else lol
  10. creamers

creamers New Member

Not to sure what exactly they were I selected 1.1ghz kernal which one do I need to select. On droidmod I came home oc to 1.0ghz with 60% battery now I have 30%
  11. TekHawk

TekHawk New Member

if you download Adamz kernal installer I would try the running that and selecting low voltage > 250, 400, 600, 800, 1000 "i think its option two" ive been running that one for a few months now its amazing though i only run 800 as 1000 seems over kill and profile down to 250-400 when the screen is off

idk if droid mod set up the profiles for you automaticly or not but make sure to downclock when teh screens off it makes a huge differnce
  12. creamers

creamers New Member

Where is the twian lo driver located also what are the commands for adb for installing them I havn't anything system in a while.
  13. TekHawk

TekHawk New Member

its just adb push.....but almost all kernals include the twian driver now so you shouldnt have to use adb
  14. creamers

creamers New Member

15. Humpa

Humpa New Member

adb is part of the Android SDK, which you install on your pc.
    If Adamz has nandroid's for his kernels, you can use that and don't need the SDK. But I don't think he does. And as a side note, you can use Root Explorer app to move the files to system folders if you don't want to install the SDK (like moving a driver to the /system/lib/modules folder and chmod'ing it, for example).

You might want to just flash to his 2.1 ese53 rom - then you'll be all up to date. If you don't want to do that, then just install the Android SDK and do it the "hard" way. ;)
  16. creamers

creamers New Member

17. Humpa

Humpa New Member

No, all the kernels are in the rom install too - you get to choose which one to use. I use the 800mhz lv kernel from the rom install.
  18. creamers

creamers New Member

Im using 1ghz lv for tomarrow and il see how that turns out as far as battery thanks for informing me.