1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

How to stop vibrate and ringtone for phone calls

Discussion in 'HTC Rezound' started by johneevo, Jan 30, 2012.

1. johneevo

johneevo New Member

I just switched to using some of my MP3s as ringtones and noticed that now when I receive a phone call the phone vibrates and plays the ringtone. I don't know if that is what caused it or the recent OTA update.

Under Sound Settings I have Vibrate turned off. Has anybody else experiences this? Is there any way to stop the vibrating? I would like to maintain as much battery life as possible and the vibrating isn't helping that.

Thanks
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2012
  2. MrSmith317

MrSmith317 Moderator Premium Member

Try downloading audio manager from the market. It has settings for all of the volumes and vibration. Hopefully it helps kick out whatever bug you're experiencing.
  3. xrxex

xrxex New Member

I've had this problem on my Thunderbolt with the ginerbread update, it seems like custom ringtones has the phone vibrate even when off. It's always been like that on my HTC.
  4. johneevo

johneevo New Member

After a little debugging I figured out that it's the Pocket Mode that is causing the phone to vibrate. Sorry I had forgotten to mention that the phone was in my pocket when I received a call.

So is there anyway to stop Pocket Mode from vibrating the phone. I thought it was only supposed to increase the volume. I wil download audio manager and see if that does the trick but I am hoping for a non-app solution.
  5. johneevo

johneevo New Member

Audio manager was not able to stop the vibrating either and now that I have checked the user manual I know why. Per the user manual "the pocket mode feature gradually increases the ring volume and vibrates when you receive a call" Sorry for troubling everybody with what amounts to non-issue.
Search tags for this page
android stop vibrating during ring
droid how to stop phone from vibrating ring
how to stop galaxy s3 phone keeps ringing when phone is on v
how to stop lg cu515 from vibrating and ringing
how to stop my phone from vibrating when ring

how to stop vibrating on the lg g2 phone

how to take andriod ultra off of vibrate for ringtone
how to turn off vibrate of ringtone on htc 2
how to turn off vibrate on droid 4 for calls

htc thunderbolt stop vibrate on calls

motorola cell phone: from vibrating to ring tone