How To Stop Verizon From Throttling Your Phone

truckeradg86

Reaction score
Yes no throttling on 4g but there is on 3g this hack is pretty much only for those in 3g land an to stop the phones built in throttle

Sent from my DROID4 using DroidForums

I can assure you Verizon does throttle 4g and seems to be doing so to me even after SQL throttle editing
I'm at about 90 gigs. Hope this helps.

Speedtest.net has an app to test your upload and download incase you want to check for yourself

vatothe0

Reaction score

truckeradg86

Reaction score
I usually just read these post and don't offer my "two cents" but it appears I have a dollar to give in this subject lol

truckeradg86

Reaction score
Thunderbolt and bionic no although they don't use half the data I do, right after doing the SQL editer unthrottle I got these speeds

It does seem like I am being throttled again I have to run another test

truckeradg86

Reaction score
I just did another speed test I pulled down 7.4 up 3.1 so the SQL throttle hack earlier in this thread does work and is tested on the razr

concepttheman

Reaction score
Can sargie do a step by step for the droid just for the record.
This info is tooooo scattered?
I'm trying to stream the news and for some reason I'm. Over 1.5 gigs and 4g and 3g won't kick in the stream.
Yesterday was fine but it seems after I hit 1.4 gigs it is slow now in 3g and 4g.
I didn't do any hack. I'm just rooted.

TC_Mits

Reaction score
How are you possibly paying "extra" for unlimited LTE? The grandfathered unlimited plans are the same price as the smallest capped plan.

Answered on Mar 2. Read the thread.

Perspective instantiates reality.
( By DX w/DF app. )

TC_Mits

Reaction score
I can assure you Verizon does throttle 4g and seems to be doing so to me even after SQL throttle editing
I'm at about 90 gigs. Hope this helps.

Speedtest.net has an app to test your upload and download incase you want to check for yourself

Thanks! Useful post.

( By DX w/DF app. )

vatothe0

Reaction score
Wow! Two gigs is all you get now?
I can push close to that just surfing 3G w/no media streaming at all.

Unlimited was more costly than, I think it was, 5gigs capped when I got it a year ago.

You seem to have a handle on this stuff. How is LTE throttled? By what standard & @ what level?

( By DX w/DF app. )

Answered on Mar 2. Read the thread.

( By DX w/DF app. )
I will have to assume that is the post you are referring to.

What you stated is incorrect. Flat out. The only capped plan less than $30 was the $20 for 150MB that was a limited time offer. Otherwise there was the first double data deal for 4G phones that gave 4GB for $30.

kptphalkon

Reaction score
When I first saw this thread it made me think of the unthrottle and "3G tweak" hacks (which ended up netting ~5% increase in speeds, which is a joke) for the D2G. I was almost going to post a paragraph trying to dissuade anyone from wasting their time, but now that there are some who have doubts, let me say a few words.

This is mainly, I repeat, Mainly, a placebo affect. I don't have a bionic but I've read various times for my phone and others that these throttle files and values reset themselves, regardless of root, and you can't stop it if it does happen.

Also Verizon isn't "throttling" per se....a lot of your data speeds are relative to a huge amount of factors. Time of day, weather, signal quality (doesn't relate to bars btw...), amount of traffic in your area, etc. etc. I read a post where one of us has only used 1.4 GB and thinks he's being throttled, I assure you you're not and its in your head....trust me.

Just my (rant) 2 cents....I don't like people wasting their time for pretty much no positive benefit.