How To Stop Verizon From Throttling Your Phone

Reaction score
Since changing these parameters, my data speeds have actually dropped significantly. At least on 3G. Have not had the opportunity to test it on 4G yet.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
Since changing these parameters, my data speeds have actually dropped significantly. At least on 3G. Have not had the opportunity to test it on 4G yet.

did u reboot the phone after changing the parameters u must reboot for them to take affect its just like the mobile hot spot hack you have to reboot before it works

dvsmno

Reaction score
Does this work in the same way as removing the throttle files using baksmali and smali? For roms on my d1 I would use those tools. The only problem I had to watch my temps while tethering but I never got throttled.

Sent from my DROID4 using DroidForums

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
Does this work in the same way as removing the throttle files using baksmali and smali? For roms on my d1 I would use those tools. The only problem I had to watch my temps while tethering but I never got throttled.

No cuz deleting the temp files will only last maybe 5 min before the system replaces them this hack modifies the throttle itself to a value where the throttle speed is higher than the network speed so basically keeping ur data speed the the same even though the throttle has kicked on

Hooks405

Reaction score
I have managed to pull 27Gb of data on my grandfathered 4g LTE plan, i was regularly getting 18Mbps down but after about 15Gb of data its been ranging from 7-14Mbps. I have not seen a difference since experimenting with this

Reaction score
I did reboot and speeds were consistently slow. Today I'm having mixed results. At times I will be above 2 Mbps down and other times will barely break .50 Mbps on 3G.

OP
idk5

idk5

Reaction score
I did reboot and speeds were consistently slow. Today I'm having mixed results. At times I will be above 2 Mbps down and other times will barely break .50 Mbps on 3G.

OK try changing line 32 throttle_reset_day to 0

Parawood

Reaction score
OK try changing line 32 throttle_reset_day to 0

Also was having a slow down after applying the OP changes. Changed line 32 to"0" and rebooted. Did not improve. Went back in an noticed line 32 had disappeared. It reappeared as line 246 with a value of "10". Set it back to the original of "5".

This did not seem to effect my Bionic in a positive way. Any thoughts?

jcwilliams

Reaction score
did u reboot the phone after changing the parameters u must reboot for them to take affect its just like the mobile hot spot hack you have to reboot before it works

I'm going to try this. And what is this hot spot hack you speak of?! Lol

Last edited:

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
Also was having a slow down after applying the OP changes. Changed line 32 to"0" and rebooted. Did not improve. Went back in an noticed line 32 had disappeared. It reappeared as line 246 with a value of "10". Set it back to the original of "5".

This did not seem to effect my Bionic in a positive way. Any thoughts?

The hack only prevents throttling if u are not currently being throttled u will not see any changes it worked for me cuz i was being throttled my data usage was about 35 gigs for the month an i was only half way through the month plus if u are on a 3G network with a -dbm of at least 60-65 dont expect speeds higher the 2 mbsps after the hack

TC_Mits

Reaction score
Verizon's throttling has noting to do with software on the phones. If your device is in the top 5% of a congested tower, you will be throttled ON THEIR END!

Does this apply to the top 5% of all data plan devices, or just to the top 5% of devices on unlimited plans?

HUGE difference there!

If I, on my unlimited plan, am lumped in with all the tiered data plans on my tower then, by the simple and obvious fact that all those tiered plans are self-limiting, of course I'm going to be near the top of the list. The 5% rule applied that way will throttle a much larger than 5% number of unlimited plan buyers.

If applied that way, the 5% number would be grossly misleading, to put it kindly.

Perspective instantiates reality.
( By DX w/DF app. )

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
Where can I find this at?

Its pretty simple just open sqlite editor scroll down till u see settings an storage (the one with the hammer an wrench) tap on that then go settings.db-- settings---- then look for entitlement check its around line 150 when u find it go to the value number it should say 1 change it to 0 an reboot but when u start mobile hot spot u need to change the dhcp from 192.168.42.2 to 192.168.99.2 an then ur done

jcwilliams

Reaction score
Its pretty simple just open sqlite editor scroll down till u see settings an storage (the one with the hammer an wrench) tap on that then go settings.db-- settings---- then look for entitlement check its around line 150 when u find it go to the value number it should say 1 change it to 0 an reboot but when u start mobile hot spot u need to change the dhcp from 192.168.42.2 to 192.168.99.2 an then ur done

thanks man! i just did both of these hacks.