How to stop the froyo update?

Floridroid

Reaction score
I have a rooted moto Droid and I have BB 0.4 and it keeps asking me to update to froyo 2.2 from Verizon. I want to keep my phone Rooted and don't want to upgrade. How can I stop my phone from asking me to update all the time. it's been 3 times this morning already.
Thanks

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Interesting. Did you use SPR or Rom Manager to install BB? If you used SPR when you installed BB did you do both of the install's? I do not recall which of the two handles the block but it is my understanding one does the block.

Not sure how RM handles. If you used SPR and did not do both install you can reinstall
Mike

OP
F

Floridroid

Reaction score
I used rom manager to install bb. Didn't see any block update
Maybe someone else will chime in. thanks

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
clockwork and sprecovery will cause the update to fail its checks, so go ahead and allow the update.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
If you have not already accepted it accept it. Recovery will cause the install to fail.

If you have allowed the update and it keeps popping up after the failed install follow mikes advice above.

Sent from my Droid

turdbogls

Reaction score
Pete has a .zip file that you can flash and it will get rid of the OTA update. i have BB v.04 with Rom manager and used this method and i havn't gotten the OTA thing since.

woodroid

Reaction score
I'm running a rooted droid with BB0.4. I ran the OTA this morning and SPRecovery aborted it. Rebooted phone and nothing was affected.

OP
F

Floridroid

Reaction score
Just tried and sp recovery aborted it. looks like it's going to work.. Thanks a lot guys

dmisc

Reaction score
I wanted to bump this because I somewhat have the same problem.

I am on BB V1.0 ROM, and I actually dont get the notification to update to FROYO 2.2. Instead, it automatically downloads a couple of times a day.

I found this out when I noticed yesterday that my battery drained faster than normal. I perused my phone and I found on "settings>about phone>system updates" that FROYO 2.2 was downloading. I had no way to stop it, nor did I hit any button to allow for it to download in the first place.

Today, I let it complete its download, and I restarted it, nothing happened, but after going back to systems update, the FROYO update is still there, waiting to be downloaded...and it will probably auto download again, as it did a few times already.

Anyone know how I can fix this? I am guessing I should just update to the newest ROM. Will that work?

Thanks in Advance.