How to stop ringer from ringing on incoming text or call? Please help.

TheCyclist

Reaction score
I did a little research on this and it says to hit the volume buttons but on my phone it does not stop the ringer while receiving a phonecall or text message.

Does anyone have any ideas of if that's different with the new update or if their is another way to "Shut up" the ringer on incoming stuff when I need it to not ring at the particular moment? (i.e. talking to someone in person and your phone rings in your pocket.)

Thanks

misfit

Reaction score
I did a little research on this and it says to hit the volume buttons but on my phone it does not stop the ringer while receiving a phonecall or text message.

I have the update. It works for me. I called myself and when the ringing started, I pressed volume up once and it stopped the ring. I could still answer the call, if desired.

Mark

OP
TheCyclist

TheCyclist

Reaction score
Not working for me. I just tried it and didn't work. Text message or phone call =/

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
just a dream of mine.... but wouldn't it be nice to have an 'ignore' button ?

OP
TheCyclist

TheCyclist

Reaction score
Hmm, this stumps me then. I have no idea what in the world to do then. Pressing any of the side buttons does not silence it. You are also trying it with text messages right?

coolkidd

Reaction score
Hmm, this stumps me then. I have no idea what in the world to do then. Pressing any of the side buttons does not silence it. You are also trying it with text messages right?

No. I did not test it on txt msg... mine just says "incoming messages" and then vibrates on txt msg I would not be able to test it by this method...

Did you try the turn off phone and take out battery method first? Maybe it needs to load again properly....

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
What apps do you have installed? Prior to the update I used Silent Mode Jammer which broke the sound icon on the unlock screen in the update. You may have a conflict somewhere.

OP
TheCyclist

TheCyclist

Reaction score
What apps do you have installed? Prior to the update I used Silent Mode Jammer which broke the sound icon on the unlock screen in the update. You may have a conflict somewhere.

I just bought the phone last night so I have just what comes on the phone with the exception of Weatherbug. Also, I use the pattern to lock my phone.

No. I did not test it on txt msg... mine just says "incoming messages" and then vibrates on txt msg I would not be able to test it by this method...

Did you try the turn off phone and take out battery method first? Maybe it needs to load again properly....

I have tried turning off the phone and resetting it and nothing is working. My biggest concern is text messages not phone calls. I

Anyone know of a way to lower the Text Message volume while not interfering with phone calls or other notifications? I didn't see a option when viewing settings in Messaging.

Daywalker

Reaction score

I just bought the phone last night so I have just what comes on the phone with the exception of Weatherbug. Also, I use the pattern to lock my phone.

I have tried turning off the phone and resetting it and nothing is working. My biggest concern is text messages not phone calls. I

Anyone know of a way to lower the Text Message volume while not interfering with phone calls or other notifications? I didn't see a option when viewing settings in Messaging.
Setting notification volume

OP
TheCyclist

TheCyclist

Reaction score

Setting notification volume

Isn't that just for Email and Facebook notifications?

Cruzzer08

Reaction score
nothing works for notifications (text mp3)...
I'm bumping every tread I can find on this subject... there has to be a solution... There has to be a way to silent an incoming notification with one touch of an external button... If i'm having a conversation with sombody I don't want to have to take my phone out of my pocket to silence my text song...