How to stop phone from checking for email, unless I ask it to.

symphonia

Reaction score
I have 2 email accounts that I use--my Gmail and a mail.com account. I do not want my accounts to get new mail unless I tell it to. My Gmail account is behaving itself, but my mail.com account keeps notifying me of new mail. (It gets lots of spam, so I don't want to get notified with a green flashing light every time a Nigerian prince wants to give me a million bucks).

I have data push turned off, I have my email fetch schedule set for manually, I have sync turned off, yet it still checks periodically for mail. I'm sure if I disabled background data it would stop, but then I wouldn't be able to use other functions, such as the market.

Any ideas?

OP
S

symphonia

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. That's the thing, is I DO have sync turned off (though I can't find a sync option in the Settings->Accounts tab. I turned it off with the powerbar widget). Maybe what I'll do is just set it to sync with WiFi only, since I don't often use Wifi.

Fr33dom

Reaction score
The sync setting you have set should do the trick. In the accounts screen you should see each account you're syncing. Just press on the account you don't want to sync to see the details.