How to Stop Emails from Deleting from my phone?

OP
L

legallybrunette

Reaction score
Hey guys....Great NEWS!!!! Just by changing it from three days to all...I now have all my emails. :) YAY even when I have outlook pulled up my emails stay!!!!!! Thanks so much for all of yall's help!!!!! (The fix seems so simple now but nevertheless I am glad for all of the help)

SallyC

Reaction score
Hey guys....Great NEWS!!!! Just by changing it from three days to all...I now have all my emails. :) YAY even when I have outlook pulled up my emails stay!!!!!! Thanks so much for all of yall's help!!!!! (The fix seems so simple now but nevertheless I am glad for all of the help)

Thanks for posting back what worked! It's sure to help someone else!

carlderfler

Reaction score
I had to set up my email account as a pop account. After tapping the menu from the home screen. I went to system settings, then Accounts & sync, Add account, Email, then Other (not AOL though my account is with AOL). After putting in my address and password 2 buttons popped up, "Manual setup" and "Next"....I tapped Manual setup'
3 buttons popped up next, POP3, IMAP and Exchange...I tapped POP3. At the bottom of the next window there is a button "Delete email from server" and you may choose Never or "when I delete from inbox"
There is a forum [https://motorola-global-portal.cust...y-email-account-on-my-droid-razr/-razr-maxx?] that helped me set it up and lists a number of other email accounts and their incoming ports, etc.
I hope this helps!

xlithz

Reaction score
I had no issues with other types of phones but yet when i setup my @hotmail.com and @gmail.com email adress on the device, it deletes the emails by itself after an hour. Can someone please help me with this? I also added a third pop email adress (a corporate one) and that email adress also deletes my emails after an hour.

zinkster

Reaction score
Stop emails from Deleting from my phone...

Perfect....that is the information that I needed.

Banda_Imaculada

Reaction score
Samsung Galaxy and Outlook Email Problem

Hi, can someone help me. . . I am using Samsung Galaxy for Weeks and I created my email on POP3 account. I want to sync all incoming and outgoing emails to my outlook and to my mobile. I tried to send emails and it was sent successfully, the sent items is also there in my mobile. However, when I have incoming emails,. when I received first the mail in my mobile, the mail will not come to my outlook,. and when I received first the mail in my outlook, the mail will not come to my mobile.. I want to have it received both to my outlook and my mobile.. Need your help guys..
One more problem is happening, it is that When I received my mails to my mobile, it is automatically deleting after I viewed it, for this reason, my incoming mail has gone without deleting it by myself... Please, need your help...

JRParsons

Reaction score
Hi, can someone help me. . . I am using Samsung Galaxy for Weeks and I created my email on POP3 account. I want to sync all incoming and outgoing emails to my outlook and to my mobile. I tried to send emails and it was sent successfully, the sent items is also there in my mobile. However, when I have incoming emails,. when I received first the mail in my mobile, the mail will not come to my outlook,. and when I received first the mail in my outlook, the mail will not come to my mobile.. I want to have it received both to my outlook and my mobile.. Need your help guys..
One more problem is happening, it is that When I received my mails to my mobile, it is automatically deleting after I viewed it, for this reason, my incoming mail has gone without deleting it by myself... Please, need your help...

Open the email app, hit menu/settings/general preferences make sure "confirm deletions" is checked. Then go to settings/the account/incoming settings, under "delete email from server" choose Never. This should allow you to view your email on your phone, and then still get them on your Outlook. Also there is a setting in Outlook that allows you to download the message without deleting it from the server. If Outlook deletes it from the server, then the phone assumes you deleted the message and deletes it from the phone.

Chattie

Reaction score
Hi all, I hope anybody can help me. I also have a problem with emails staying on my phone for +/- 2-3 days and then they disappear (presumably delete by the phone). I have a pop email account that is setup on Outlook and I have the setting activated to leave a copy on the server for 10 days. I don’t have a problem with the delivery of the emails, both the PC and the phone receive the emails but the phone just keeps on removing older than 2-3days emails. I have on my phone “confirm deletions” on. Incoming settings is also never to delete emails from the server. Please any ideas what to try next

jtj121

Reaction score
I think your problem is a settings issue in outlook if you go to settings then how much mail to display you can set that from one day up to a month. Hope this helps.

Chattie

Reaction score
I think your problem is a settings issue in outlook if you go to settings then how much mail to display you can set that from one day up to a month. Hope this helps.

The settings that you are talking about, is that in Outlook or the phone because I cant seem to find it on either of them.

jtj121

Reaction score
It's in outlook itself look down at the bottom there should be three dots if you press on them you should see a settings box pop-up tap on that and the settings menu should come up look under the email setting for how much. Hope this helps.

gbarry1291

Reaction score
Stop email from auto deleting on Samsung Note 3

I figured it out.
I have a Hotmail account and was having the same problem on my Samsung Note 3... This worked for me...
Open your email on your phone
Press the menu button on your phone and select "settings"
Select "account settings"
Select your email account
Select "Sync Settings"
Select "Period to sync Email"
Select "All"

The "Period to sync Email" on my phone was set to 1 day so all emails were being auto deleted from my phone after 1 day. Once I changed the setting to "All" everything returned.

Hope this helps!