how to skip bootstrap recovery when powering on

pinkpig

Reaction score
I installed Droid 2 bootstrap recovery and Fission ROM successfully. However, each time I power on the phone, the bootstrop/clockwork recovery show up first, so I have to slide out the keyboard and then press Enter to go ahead.
Can I skip this step?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I would just deal with it and be glad that its there just so you know you can always get to it. However you shouldn't have to open the keyboard, you should just be able to hit the camera button to accept the reboot option.

tappin and a talkin

Huicho02000

Reaction score
How can I permanently keep this from showing up when I reboot the phone.

How can I permanently keep this from showing up when I reboot the phone. I am fairly new at this and I rooted my phone and then rooted my brothers, i got to playing a lil too much with his and I downloaded the bootstraper and rom manager not knowing what I was doing, anyways, my questions is how can I return the phone to its newly rooted state and keep it from having that show up everytime it reboots.

Thanks,

phrozen087

Reaction score
Reinstalling it should stop it showing up, but you will either want to sbf or remove the files over adb if you actually want to fully delete it. By reinstall I just mean open the app, hit the bootstrap recovery icon and let it fix the files. They will make it stop showing up on each boot (or it should, if it doesn't u might need to sbf or use adb, just search for them)

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I wouldn't risk not getting into cm recovery if you ROM though... but just curious why are you rebooting so much that it bothers you?

"Bootloader begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern Time, August 29th. In a panic, they try to pull the plug. Bootloader fights back."

pedwards3x

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I would actually love it if recovery came up everytime I rebooted my phone...any idea at how you got it to do this in the first place?

Reaction score
I always reboot with droid 2 bootstrapper, you get recovery every time. Makes me feel safer when I see the cm recovery screen and I can mount system and data.

"Bootloader begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern Time, August 29th. In a panic, they try to pull the plug. Bootloader fights back."

phrozen087

Reaction score
I would actually love it if recovery came up everytime I rebooted my phone...any idea at how you got it to do this in the first place?

It's actually a bug that it just always shows up on its own, I've had it happen before and I have talked to a bunch of other people who have also. It occurs most commonly for me after flashing an updated rom to my D2. I am pretty sure it has to do with the logwrapper.bin file becoming corrupted for some reason or another in the /system/bin/ folder, I suppose you could try playing with this and see if you can make it always show up.

I personally wouldn't want mine to always show on every cold boot. That said you can always pull the battery while the M is showing during a boot and upon rebooting CM Recovery will show up. Thats appears to be the emergency way to get it to load.

andylulzyou

Reaction score
Uninstall / Reinstall and when you bootstrap you should have to regrant permissions which usually fixes it for me..

I'm on a DX tho