How to set purchased ringtone as default?

flowers234

Reaction score
After a lot of searching I found my Music Inbox (which is called My Files and a folder called ringtones and not Music Inbox at all) and I see my ringtone but now I don't see any way to set it as my default ringtone.

It was set after I bought it then somehow it went back to the Verizon standard chime.

JackiA

Reaction score
Go into your Music Player. if the ringtone shows up in there, long press it and then select Set as, then Voice call ringtone.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Check Zedge and RingDroid in the Market, with Zedge you download free ringtones and with ringdroid you make your own from your music collection

OP
F

flowers234

Reaction score
You PAID for a ringtone?! :icon_eek:

Sadly, I don't know how to do a thing on this phone. I didn't know you could get free ringtones.

Unless it's in the exact words I'm lost. Like a said above "music inbox" is clicking on "my files" then "ringtones" I miss basic phones that gave you step by step. This didn't come with the big instruction book I thought it would.

I though Market was stuff I wasn't going to use. Most of this phone is stuff I won't use.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
The market is where you download applications...open it and search Zedge and RingDroid :wink:

JackiA

Reaction score
You PAID for a ringtone?! :icon_eek:

Sadly, I don't know how to do a thing on this phone. I didn't know you could get free ringtones.

Unless it's in the exact words I'm lost. Like a said above "music inbox" is clicking on "my files" then "ringtones" I miss basic phones that gave you step by step. This didn't come with the big instruction book I thought it would.

I though Market was stuff I wasn't going to use. Most of this phone is stuff I won't use.

Don't worry, flowers, you'll ease into it. When I said Music Player, I didn't mean your Music Inbox. Your player is an app that came pre-loaded. The icon is a pink record with a music note on it. Press that Music Player and if the ringtone is there, long press on it, then press Set as, then press Voice call ringtone.

As for a user guide, click here for one. Though, it won't tell you little tricks like that, it might help you with some basics. I found it useful.

DroidEric

Reaction score
Sorry I came off as a jerk. Like everyone is saying, open your android market and check out zedge. They have just about everything. Case in point- I typed in "Borat Intro" and boom. [video=youtube;JBGatwVOvWE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBGatwVOvWE&feature=related]YouTube - Borat Theme Tune[/video]