How to send files from phone to computer

mattyj724

Reaction score
Is there a way to send files wirelessly to your computer. Over wifi or 4/3g. I know the zumocast i can take files off my computer. However idk how to send files back.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

BroidDrionic

Reaction score
Over wifi it's easy, you can use the Files app to do it.
Make sure your computer is sharing some folders on the local network (right click>properties>sharing, or something like that)
Open Files>Shared Folders>add server>scan for server
It'll take it a second to find your computer, then you can browse the folder that you shared from your computer earlier.
I prefer an app called ESfile browser, though, instead of Files, it's a lot more full-featured.

To upload when you're away from the house will be tougher, but not too difficult. Zumocast should do it, but I've never used it. Other than that you could set up an FTP server on your home computer, which is what I've done. A guide on how to create an FTP server is outside the scope of these forums.

bluezdawg

Reaction score
Personally, I use the free version of the Dropbox app to share files. Can drop/retrieve files from work, home, phone. You can also create folders to share with others. We actually use a higher capacity, paid version for work... awesome app! Works with all connectivity .

Sent from my now freaking awesome, butt-kicking .902 Droid Bionic using TapaTalk

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sugarsync is my favorite - free up to 5gb, allows syncing of any folders on your sd card, and can be automated pretty easily. Also can automatically upload any pictures/vids you take if you set it to do so. I'm actually on the 100gb plan and use it for all of my cloud storage/syncing between phone/pc/laptop/work pc.

OP
M

mattyj724

Reaction score
Thanks

zirkdog

Reaction score
Over wifi it's easy, you can use the Files app to do it.
Make sure your computer is sharing some folders on the local network (right click>properties>sharing, or something like that)
Open Files>Shared Folders>add server>scan for server
It'll take it a second to find your computer, then you can browse the folder that you shared from your computer earlier.
I prefer an app called ESfile browser, though, instead of Files, it's a lot more full-featured.

To upload when you're away from the house will be tougher, but not too difficult. Zumocast should do it, but I've never used it. Other than that you could set up an FTP server on your home computer, which is what I've done. A guide on how to create an FTP server is outside the scope of these forums.

The wi-fi option did not work with my computer. It finds my IP address, but I keep getting a failure asking me to "Re-enter authentication info".

Does Zumocast go both ways? I use it to pull pics and videos from my home PC but don't see where I can use it to upload stuff from my phone TO my PC.

In the end I went with Dropbox and I think it will work for my simple needs.

sgregory111

Reaction score
I just use Gmail

Since I use gmail, I just start an email to nobody and attach the file to the email.

Since Gmail syncs automatically the email with attachment is in the drafts folder. I can move quickly between PC and phone in either direction.

Lakilaulea

Reaction score
I also use DropBox; been using it for a couple years now. It's free up to 2gigs. I also recently signed up with Box. It's just like DropBox, but right now they're running a promo where if you sign up and install the app on your phone, you get 50gigs free for life. It's worth checking out.

jcwilliams

Reaction score
I also use DropBox; been using it for a couple years now. It's free up to 2gigs. I also recently signed up with Box. It's just like DropBox, but right now they're running a promo where if you sign up and install the app on your phone, you get 50gigs free for life. It's worth checking out.

Just downloaded box. Can't beat 50gbs for free!

shadowsjc

Reaction score
Bluetooth. Its not as fast, but is easy to setup and works.

can anyone elaborate on how to use bluetooth to transfer wirelessly from the Bionic to the PC? right now, i'm just using the "Files" wifi option, but if Bluetooth is easier/simpler, I'm all for it