How to see image file resolution in Droid?

GrillMouster

Reaction score
Does anyone know of an android app that will provide the pixel resolution of an image file (for example, 600x800)? Neither the native Gallery app, nor Astro file browser, nor JustPictures provides this information in the file details. I can see the file data size, but not the resolution.

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Mount to a PC and look at the file detail that way. Not exactly what you want, but it works.

OP
G

GrillMouster

Reaction score
Thanks. That's what I've had to do, but I'm specifically looking for a way to view this in the phone without jumping through hoops. It seems like a very fundamental piece of information to be missing from the system.

KevinJ

Reaction score
Heck, I've noticed that the menu option in the gallery doesn't even get the dates and times right for photos you add to the gallery. I assumed it was using the EXIF data, but it's waaay off.

OSX2000

Reaction score
The Milestone's Media Gallery has exactly what you want. The installation requires you to be rooted, and it's a bit of a pain, but here's instructions if you're interested:

[release] Milestone multitouch Gallery for 2.0.1 v1.0 - Motorola Development Community

mginfo.jpg

Another plus for Media Gallery, its photo frame widget draws the images using the droid's full resolution, unlike the 3D Gallery's widget. More info:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-general-discussions/42098-low-res-picture-frame-widget.html

Last edited: