1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

How to see if someone read your sms

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by mzsnickerz, Oct 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mzsnickerz

mzsnickerz New Member

Is there a way to see if someone read your sms?

mzsnickerz
  2. DF Smod

DF Smod New Member

With Handcent there is an option to receive a notification upon the receipt of your message to the other party -
  3. cfinberg

cfinberg New Member

Motorola Droid: In Messaging, Settings, there are on-off options for Delivery Reports (which can be different according to message type (text v multimedia). Also, you can have a notification setting which will display the receipt in the status bar.
  4. AsrMatt

AsrMatt New Member

If I am not mistaken the notification options only indicate if the text was recieved not if it was opened and read. I would love to have a way to know if the recipient actually opened the text and did not just ignore it.
  5. cfinberg

cfinberg New Member

Yeah, and I'd also like to know what she thought, when she read the message! But I eventually learn that, even if I refuse to believe it.

Or, maybe the question is, Is there a way to see if a snooper has read my sms. To find that out, I usually just ask my mom.
  6. DF Smod

DF Smod New Member

I don't know if this is possible and if it was it wouldn't be very reliable - to clear an incoming text from returning in the notification panel it has to be opened (at least on my phone) to find an app that tells you if someone opened your text and immediately discarded it without reading v/s thoroughly reading it would just not be possible

Sent from my Original Droid using the Exclusive Droid Forums App (Available Free in the Market) :wink:
  7. mzsnickerz

mzsnickerz New Member

thanks guys

i hope they come out with an app for it soon. As terrible as that sounds lol
  8. gonnadie4thegov

gonnadie4thegov New Member

i guess someone wants to know if the person they stalk reads their messages?
  9. phaze3131

phaze3131 New Member

ok. lets be clear. there would need to be an app on their phone that sends a signal upon receipt of the message. is everyone clear on that? it is not possible for you to control someone elses phone, yet.
  10. mzsnickerz

mzsnickerz New Member

I'm not trying to control someone else phone, an older phone I use to have I could see when they read it....
    && the person I stalk?? Umm okay

mzsnickerz
  11. B-Unit

B-Unit New Member

My Sanding Alias did this, so I assume the info is sent back to Verizon by default, we simply need SMS software capable of retrieving it.
  12. t0k3ndr01d

t0k3ndr01d New Member

well actually, every single blackberry device ive owned from alltel to verizon, from the pearl to the storm allows you to do this because after its sent and the person reads it there is a check mark on the message which is pretty much a read receipt. now that may mean that there is some signal sent from the phone to verizon or it may just mean that certain phones like blackberrys were included with certain protocols that send signals through data to the blackberry os because before the check shows up the phone always connects to data and then the check shows. and mzsnickers, the stalking comment was made because anyone who really wants to know if a person read a message they sent them sounds like the overbearing clingy girlfriend/boyfriend that is either a) insecure about her/his boyfriend/girlfriend or b)a stalker because it is a little creepy and almost gov't type of controlling to want to know if someone read your text or not or just ignored it (my assumption on the comment, may make an ass out of me but whatever, im bored and just figured id type a 3page essay on this forum)
  13. mzsnickerz

mzsnickerz New Member

@t0k3ndr01d--umm okay watever yu say. actually ma friend has it and we were comparing functions and she askd if mine could do it and i told her idk so i would see if there was a way to do it. second of all did i say is there a way yu can see if someone read ur txt message because i would like to see when my boyfriend read my txt and just doesnt reply...dnt think i did.. yup yup thanx. buh ight im out
  14. Dave12308

Dave12308 New Member

Wow, I don't mean to be a grammar nazi here...... But people should at learn basic writing skills before trying to post in forums. And for someone who is so "innocent" of any ill intentions, you sure seem defensive; mzsnickerz

I mean honestly, you didn't even spell "aight" correctly
  15. DF Smod

DF Smod New Member

Respect is Number 1 on the Forum - If we can't have a nice discussion in here then this thread will be closed - This is the only warning -

Sent from my Original Droid using the Exclusive Droid Forums App (Available Free in the Market) :wink:
  16. OneTenderRebel

OneTenderRebel New Member

Hey c'mon now, how is that helping anything? You guys need some humor in life.

I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?" "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet. You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times." It was all true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach. He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.
  17. warrior21

warrior21 New Member

This thread to a wrong turn

Sent from my Droid
  18. Kendroid24

Kendroid24 New Member

Bahahaha girl nerd rage.
  19. drpaul07

drpaul07 Member

hahaha...good stuff
  20. mzsnickerz

mzsnickerz New Member