how to search forum from droid problem

cyber3d

Reaction score
Ok, while using the droid to visit this forum I tried to use the search function from the menu bar. I have to zoom in one level to click on the search button. When the search box pops up I click on the box to engter my search term. It never works - it "thinks" I am clixking on the banner ad.
Anyone else have thisz problem?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok, while using the droid to visit this forum I tried to use the search function from the menu bar. I have to zoom in one level to click on the search button. When the search box pops up I click on the box to engter my search term. It never works - it "thinks" I am clixking on the banner ad.

You know I never use the search in the forum. Usually the thread has to have tags on it and many times people don't put tags on there. But that doesn't mean I don't search. I use google to do my searches and 9 times out of 10 I'll see my answers for the search right in this forum using Google. Goes to show just how much information is available here. And also shows that many questions are repeated. :)

BIG TEX

Reaction score
I have that problem every time. I have to switch from the mobile version to the full site and it works that way.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Searching the FORUM, or a THREAD? Because, if you're in the main part of the forum where the list o threads is, you can scroll to the right and there's a search box on the right at the top. Click in it, enter your search text, and click search. That's how I do it. Never used the mobile site at all...

baniels

Reaction score
Email yourself the link to advanced search from a PC and bookmark it.

Or use the mobile site.

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score

I've found, after running into this problem many times, that instead of tapping the search field to start entering text, if you sort of long press the text box, like you do to add widgets to the home screen, it will recognize your input in a pop-up window instead of on the main page.....granted I don't think this is intended to be incorporated into the browser, because it might take a couple long presses to get it to work, but it does work for me