How to SBF X2 (until 1KDS releases ISO that is)

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
ok.....let's give this a shot. Keep in mind I haven't done this yet. From my understanding this is a system only SBF.....just thought I should mention it....but it's almost 500 MB so who knows.

Remember....after SBF you still need to do factory reset.

First....you need the drivers from Motorola....
http://www.motorola.com/staticfiles/Support/Experiences/Global_Drivers/MotoHelper_2.0.49_Driver_5.0.0.exe

Next you need RSD 5.0 (5.3.1)
Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!

Last you need the SBF file
Download VRZ_MB870_DTN-14.8_1FF_01.sbf.gz for free on Filesonic.com

You can also visit the below link to find RSD, Drivers, and SBF in one place as well
DROIDX2 SBF (2.2.2) Available for Download - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

once you have those follow these steps

1. Install Moto drivers

2. Launch RSD Lite

3. Put X2 into "RSD" (power up device holding volume down....once "Fastboot" appears release then tap volume down till you see "RSD"

4. Plug in USB cable to computer and phone

5. Hit volume up key once (RSD lite will then show your phone and you are ready)

6. in RSD hit the "..." and navigate to SBF file....and select

7. Click start

8. after complete and X2 reboots, boot into recovery and perform factory reset.

Haiasi

Reaction score
I can confirm that this does in fact work beautifully. I took the risk earlier today and the OP is absolutely correct in everything he/she has said.

My website, Player Affinity will be launching a mobile section with a download system. We will be adding this file to download in the next week or two along with any updated files down the road for the X2 and Bionic once it's released. This means that you will be able to download it without a bandwidth cap and without waiting.

Sorry to hijack the thread there, just wanted to make sure everyone would know this file will have a permanent home soon.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

bear198321

Reaction score
Advice/Help

So... I tried to use RSD initially to put my phone back to stock 2.2 so I could update to official Gingerbread. One problem - when I went through the process I used the sbf and tutorial for the Droid X - not the X2 which was shipped to me without my knowledge as a replacement. So I thought I was just having some minor problems but the now the issue seems much bigger to me. Anyway, I tried the linux method - booting from USB but that gave me an error regaridng somehting about ramdisk... so now I'm stuck in the bootloader :icon_eek: I was going to try this method to fix - but the site w/ the sbf file - filesonic - only allows 400mb DL's so it stops halfway thru... anyone have suggesstions for my situation? Should I just wait until the ISO is released for the X2?

vvildcard

Reaction score
So... I tried to use RSD initially to put my phone back to stock 2.2 so I could update to official Gingerbread. One problem - when I went through the process I used the sbf and tutorial for the Droid X - not the X2 which was shipped to me without my knowledge as a replacement. So I thought I was just having some minor problems but the now the issue seems much bigger to me. Anyway, I tried the linux method - booting from USB but that gave me an error regaridng somehting about ramdisk... so now I'm stuck in the bootloader :icon_eek: I was going to try this method to fix - but the site w/ the sbf file - filesonic - only allows 400mb DL's so it stops halfway thru... anyone have suggesstions for my situation? Should I just wait until the ISO is released for the X2?

If you have an X2 now, then go through the steps to flash it with the X2 SBF... Look around for another source... I downloaded it just fine.

c_mack9

Reaction score
what is this? whats SBF? i was on a rooted D1 for over a year, im new to the X2.

c_mack9

Reaction score
hmm so could you open the system files, add notification ringtones, then flash it and the ringtones would show up on the X2 without needing to be rooted? all the text tones are annoying.

bear198321

Reaction score
Thank you for the sbf.. now I can't get the phone into RSD mode becuase I'm stuck in the bootloader - my computer doesn't recognize the phone when plugged into RSD... not sure what to do

ibrooks123

Reaction score
Why does my phone say 2.2.2 after the flash?? I thought we were supposed to be on 2.3.3?
ok.....let's give this a shot. Keep in mind I haven't done this yet. From my understanding this is a system only SBF.....just thought I should mention it....but it's almost 500 MB so who knows.

http://www.motorola.com/staticfiles...al_Drivers/MotoHelper_2.0.49_Driver_5.0.0.exe

You can also visit the below link to find RSD, Drivers, and SBF in one place as well

1. Install Moto drivers

2. Launch RSD Lite

3. Put X2 into "RSD" (power up device holding volume down....once "Fastboot" appears release then tap volume down till you see "RSD"

5. Hit volume up key once (RSD lite will then show your phone and you are ready)

7. Click start

myriad46

Reaction score
Why does my phone say 2.2.2 after the flash?? I thought we were supposed to be on 2.3.3?

http://www.motorola.com/staticfiles...al_Drivers/MotoHelper_2.0.49_Driver_5.0.0.exe

1. Install Moto drivers

2. Launch RSD Lite

7. Click start

This is just the backup file for your current system file install. In case you break something. Look for the initials OTA for our next update, which will hopefully be 2.3.3 and not just 2.2.3.

leonozug

Reaction score

You need to read a bit more man...SBF isn't a Gingerbread update. This is to restore your phone back to factory new 2.2.2 in case something bad happens to it...you are thinking of the Droid X, having to SBF back to 2.2.1 to get rooted Gingerbread. Two completely different things. There is no Gingerbread 2.3.3 for the X2 yet my friend. Reguardless, the thing screams. I set one up for my friend and it blows away my old X.

sslovell78

Reaction score
Rsdlite can see my phone. However it say something about a .ini error tried reinstalling driver and Rsdlite and still the same. Any help would be great.

Droid4ever1

Reaction score
this does not work for me

http://www.motorola.com/staticfiles/Support/Experiences/Global_Drivers/MotoHelper_2.0.49_Driver_5.0.0.exe

1. Install Moto drivers

2. Launch RSD Lite

7. Click start

Ive tried this three times, and everytime it RSD gives me an error " Phone[0000]: unable to retrieve initialization values from INI file.":icon_evil: