How to sbf back to froyo for tethering

brandon890

Reaction score
Now I know there are probably a lot of threads on how to do this, but if someone could help me find the official one or a good one to make sure I do this right, it would be a great help.

I am on verizons OTA of gingerbread, and I need to flash back to froyo so I can root my phone to use tethering, and then possibly go back to gingerbread with it rooted, but im not sure how to do ANY of that..

So if anyone can help or point me in the right direction, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

jon.ritter

Reaction score
Now I know there are probably a lot of threads on how to do this, but if someone could help me find the official one or a good one to make sure I do this right, it would be a great help.

I am on verizons OTA of gingerbread, and I need to flash back to froyo so I can root my phone to use tethering, and then possibly go back to gingerbread with it rooted, but im not sure how to do ANY of that..

So if anyone can help or point me in the right direction, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Im looking for the same thing! Please help!

OP
B

brandon890

Reaction score
I know there are hundreds of threads, and im sure not all of them are the same, and im not sure where to even find them and if it is the right one I need.

I just want to make sure I dont screw anything up lol

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
I would check youtube as well for droid x sbf (how to). It will take you through it all. Let me know where I can help if you get stuck. SBF is really easy if you just do some research and get all the proper files.
The sbf file above
Rsd lite 4.9
The latest drivers (from motorola's site)

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.8-Gingercomb Juiced

rmr0012

Reaction score
I did just this. I OTA'd to GB but couldn't root. So I sbf back to Froyo and then installed the rooted gb. However, in order to tether you have to use the tether patch that still runs the native hot spot app. I don't tether that much data, but I wasn't comfortable with the reports the VZW is at least monitoring unauthorized tether in GB more. I've gone back to Froyo for the time being.

I can't run RSDlite (on a mac) so I used the linux method. It was insanely easy and you don't technically need linux. Linux solution to your Windows/RSD lite problems