How to save Google Maps location to phone contacts?

dhinged

Reaction score
Is it possible? I've tried both through the phone and on a laptop... I thought Google had implemented something through Chrome to Phone or something.

I can save a phone number easily, but I still have to type in the entire address every time. For instance, I wanted to save a local club to my phone that I found through Google Maps so that I could get directions or call for stage times.

Dragoro

Reaction score
Put thier address into the contact info. When ya tap on the address itll open up the loc on google maps

OP
dhinged

dhinged

Reaction score
I just figured out how to do it.

Do a search for it in the phone's browser, star it (click the star icon), go to maps, click the star, click the name, then click "Add as a Contact".

Awesome!

The only problem is it puts the city, state, and zip code in the address line.

There's probably an easier way but that worked for me this time.

Malkavian

Reaction score
Found an easier way.

1. Go to Maps on your phone, not navigation.
2. Search for where you want to go
3. Once found, click the listing so you can see information about it, where you can write a review, find hours, etc.
4. Click the menu button on the phone
5. Click "add as contact"

adamf663

Reaction score
Found an easier way. 1. Go to Maps on your phone, not navigation.2. Search for where you want to go3. Once found, click the listing so you can see information about it, where you can write a review, find hours, etc.4. Click the menu button on the phone5. Click "add as contact"
Unfortunately, this feature has vanished with the last major maps release. There's a "save" button that puts the contact on a list reachable only in maps (click on person icon on top right, then see "saved" section).But there no longer seems to be any way to save as a real contact. Don't the software developers at google actually use their product?