How to save emails locally?

ScooberJake

Reaction score
I will be traveling out of the country next week, so I will not have service. I have a lot of confirmation emails and itineraries that I would like to save locally to my Droid, since I will be taking it on the trip to use wifi when is available.

Does anyone know how to do this? Surely there is a way. I have been using the stock Gmail app, but I'd be happy getting something else to make this happen.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I will be traveling out of the country next week, so I will not have service. I have a lot of confirmation emails and itineraries that I would like to save locally to my Droid, since I will be taking it on the trip to use wifi when is available.

Does anyone know how to do this? Surely there is a way. I have been using the stock Gmail app, but I'd be happy getting something else to make this happen.

In your gmail you have the choice to archive. Select this to save your mail. Then when in gmail you can select "all mail" and that's where you will find your archived mail.

OP
S

ScooberJake

Reaction score
Thanks for the help, but that doesn't work. At least, I don't think it does.

I went into my inbox and found a random email. I opened it, then clicked "Archive". The email no longer shows up in my inbox. Then I put the phone in airplane mode, went back to Gmail, and clicked the "All Mail" label. It says "No Connection". So it looks like I cannot get to archived emails when I don't have service. (I guess archiving just removes them from the inbox?)

Any other ideas?

dcook12

Reaction score
Thanks for the help, but that doesn't work. At least, I don't think it does.

I went into my inbox and found a random email. I opened it, then clicked "Archive". The email no longer shows up in my inbox. Then I put the phone in airplane mode, went back to Gmail, and clicked the "All Mail" label. It says "No Connection". So it looks like I cannot get to archived emails when I don't have service. (I guess archiving just removes them from the inbox?)

Any other ideas?

Do you have outlook express or Thunderbird on your PC. I have Thunderbird that syncs with my web account. On your computer you can create any folder you want. I have save under the inbox so I can save any emails...If you add that account to your phone, you also have the save folder and I can check my saved mail without a connection...Not a pro...so I hope this makes sense....