How to save a picture from a text message?

Fun22

Reaction score
I can't seem to find a way to save a picture text message. Can someone please help me? Thanks!

briguy523

Reaction score
Select the picture and hold until the menu pops up. You will then have an option to "copy attached to sd card". That's it.

Mmracing

Reaction score
Select the picture and hold until the menu pops up. You will then have an option to "copy attached to sd card". That's it.

That only works with the built-in Droid messenger not with Handcent... or at least I could not figure out how to do it with Handcent.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
with Handcent just click on the Menu button and then click on save MMS. Any pictures in the text will be saved to your SD. Very easy.

briguy523

Reaction score
What they said. Tap on the menu button, then click on save MMS. At the next screen, tap the menu button again and you will see the option to Copy attached to SD card.

I was having problems with the included messaging app when trying to send MMS to a number in a different area code. This appears to be experienced by other people as well. I have no problems sending pics in Handcent so it has to be an issue with the included app. Here's to hoping that it is fixed on Dec 11. Thanks for the intro to Handcent.

m.stuff

Reaction score
i was wondering the same thing, except i'm trying to get a music clip that was sent to me as a ringtone, anyone got any suggestions?

LordKastle

Reaction score
haven't tried...but does "save MMS" save the entire message or just the picture/sound?

m.stuff

Reaction score
I can't find the tab for save mms, how do i get to that?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
In the market there is an app called Save MMS. Download that to save MMS files. It tells you where it stores the MMS in the instructions.:)

raw33

Reaction score

That only works with the built-in Droid messenger not with Handcent... or at least I could not figure out how to do it with Handcent.

Where does the picture get saved to on the SD Card with the stock Messaging app?

Also, I use Handcent and love it, but I haven't been able to save any pictures, not even with those instructions given by another member. Does anyone else have a way to save pictures with Handcent?

Thanks

BodyBagz

Reaction score

Where does the picture get saved to on the SD Card with the stock Messaging app?

Also, I use Handcent and love it, but I haven't been able to save any pictures, not even with those instructions given by another member. Does anyone else have a way to save pictures with Handcent?

Thanks
In Handcent, all you do is "long press" on the picture you want to save...then select "Copy attached to SD Card" from the pop up menu...