How To: Root your Motorola DROID Bionic

fatesounds

Reaction score
After some time unrooted then rooted and have problems on both sides I'm happy to admit I have returned my bionic and went back to my OG and I gotta say everything is working so much smoother now.... looks like I"ll be holding out for either the vigor or the prime. The bionic failed in so many places. Even before I rooted it would randomly freeze, the battery would die while the phone was plugged into the wall charger, pictures that looked great on my old phone and computer looked awful on the bionic screen, none of my bluetooth devices would connect to it, both 3G and 4G networks on the bionic would randomly completely shut off and would take numerous reboots to turn back on, and frankly... why would anyone hold onto this subpar phone when something so much better is coming around the corner. Goodbye motorola... wish you didn't screw this up so bad because I was looking forward to the bionic since Jan... last time I buy a 6 month old phone on it's release day.

Last edited:

SDroidDawg

Reaction score
Better Success Rooting than Activating

Hey, I just wanted to let you know that it only took me a few short minutes to Root my DB. Especially if you compare it to the more than 3 hours, an hour of which at a local Verizon store, to activate the DB.

Now I was just wondering if someone might be kind enough to provide me with a list of Bloat-ware that I can remove from my new DB.

sdixon747

Reaction score

Crash1701

Reaction score
Droid BIONIC With Tethering, Wi-Fi or USB Tethering.

I will be receiving my Droid BIONIC tomorrow (9/28) and i am anxious to root it and remove the garbage. I see that many people have success with this. My problem here is that i live in a remote area and I HAVE to have a way to Tether to my laptop for school purposes. We have two internet options here..... DIAL-UP, (Dun Dun Dun.....), or a tethering situation.

I see that there have been a few posts about tethering it, but I'm curious about the capabilities of it so far. I have a Droid X and I bought the full version of Easy Tether to run it through USB and I love the way that program works. Anyone have any feedback on what program i should use?

I don't know if it makes a difference but I am grandfathered into the Unlimited data package and I have been known to run 20 GB in a month, so any way that is possible for me to not be tracked is the preferred method here.

Thanks for all the feedback in advance!

Reaction score
After some time unrooted then rooted and have problems on both sides I'm happy to admit I have returned my bionic and went back to my OG and I gotta say everything is working so much smoother now.... looks like I"ll be holding out for either the vigor or the prime. The bionic failed in so many places. Even before I rooted it would randomly freeze, the battery would die while the phone was plugged into the wall charger, pictures that looked great on my old phone and computer looked awful on the bionic screen, none of my bluetooth devices would connect to it, both 3G and 4G networks on the bionic would randomly completely shut off and would take numerous reboots to turn back on, and frankly... why would anyone hold onto this subpar phone when something so much better is coming around the corner. Goodbye motorola... wish you didn't screw this up so bad because I was looking forward to the bionic since Jan... last time I buy a 6 month old phone on it's release day.

Sounds like you just got a bad phone. It happens and many people like myself just simply returned it and got a replacement Bionic and it works flawlessly. Instead of jumping ship you nasty have found that just replacing it would have made you happy.

As for the phone being 6 months old. How can you say that? Just because they announced it early in the year does not make it old. The Bionic is the most up to date and advanced phone available. Do you know of any other dual core phone with 4g lte?

Also based on the history of every phone that releases, waiting forty the next big phone to hit is not going to promise to make everyone happy. Every single phoney that had been released from the Charge, the Thunderbolt, Droid 3, And even the iphone had had their share of glitches and unhappy users.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Last edited:

xraymo3

Reaction score
When trying to install the drivers I get this error:

The installation package is notsupported by this processor type. Contact your product vendor.

Anyone else experience this?

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
^Yep, I was trying to use the 64bit drivers and I'm running 32bit W7. Could that be it?

xraymo3

Reaction score
Post # 20 has the link for the 32bit.

I figured that out, got it to install the 32 bit.

Now when I click on the root, it says "motorola one click root has encountered a problem and needs to close."

I also tried Petes Motorola Root and that gives me an error as well...

Any options, suggestions.... ??

xraymo3

Reaction score
I figured that out, got it to install the 32 bit.

Now when I click on the root, it says "motorola one click root has encountered a problem and needs to close."

I also tried Petes Motorola Root and that gives me an error as well...

Any options, suggestions.... ??

Nobody can help me ??

Nyteravyn

Reaction score
Go to"tweekmydevice.com" check out his YouTube vid and enjoy! First time root successful! Make sure your drivers are installed and you have the 5.0 (5.2)? Adb driver too.

Nyteravyn

Reaction score
I think its "moto tools 5.2 adb driver install 5.0 " but uncheck the moto helper option...

xraymo3

Reaction score
I think its "moto tools 5.2 adb driver install 5.0 " but uncheck the moto helper option...

Ya he explains it on that video like everyone else explains it. And I still get the error. My phone shows connected, drivers are installed......

smellelectric

Reaction score
I haven't yet checked the "tweekmydevice" site but has anyone else been able to find a fix and get past the following message? Thanks in advance.
ERROR: adb could not be granted root accessTry again from the start, but if the problem continues, check your version of Gingerbread -- hopefully you don't have a version where this exploit was fixed.

- Factory reset the phone and tried again; it worked. Now rooted.

Last edited: