How To: Root your Motorola DROID Bionic

BL4Z3D247

Reaction score
^^^ Anyone? ^^^

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

SDroidDawg

Reaction score
Getting DB this week

I should receive my DB this Tuesday and I'm dying to Root it already. Actually shocked that it is already possible. But before I do I read through this thread and saw that there were a few issues and I just wanted to see if all these issues have been resolved or if anyone else has had any issues rooting their DB. Oh, and if there's any additional steps not listed in the main post.

Thanks in advance

BL4Z3D247

Reaction score
I should receive my DB this Tuesday and I'm dying to Root it already. Actually shocked that it is already possible. But before I do I read through this thread and saw that there were a few issues and I just wanted to see if all these issues have been resolved or if anyone else has had any issues rooting their DB. Oh, and if there's any additional steps not listed in the main post.

Thanks in advance

I rooted a couple days ago, had no issues and followed the same instructions on the OP. All u need are the drivers and the one click root tool.

Reaction score
Unroot = fail on the first time. Trying it again as suggested in the .exe package. On step 3 it says ADB failed to gain root. Hopefully you don't have a version of Gingerbread that's incompatible with this method. Will see if it works this time...

UPDATE: passed step 3 this time, so it should be good to go.

wickid1

Reaction score
Will it let you make the volume of the ring louder.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Rstran916

Reaction score
i have windows xp and motorolaoneclickroot can not run. windows says there is an error and then closes the exe.

theDmanVR6

Reaction score
SO you can root and unroot a droid now. Question is it possible to root, remove bloatware then unroot back with the bloatware removed?. I messed with my OG with numerous ROMS, themes and it was really crazy getting the phone to work but it was fun. The Bionic I love it but want to remove bloatware and continue to receieve OTA etc. Thanks

I had the exact same question and I was wondering if you were able to find anything out?

ccmedic

Reaction score
Has anyone used SuperOneClick to root their Droid Bionic? I am very comfortable using that program because it has worked great on my Samsung in the past, but I am not sure if it will root the Bionic. Any help is greatly appreciated.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
^You could try it and let us know! I'm not sure how to make it any easier for the Bionic than it is now..

lave1189

Reaction score
Motorola driver

Is there installer that's not 64bit. I have a mac running vmware fusion to run XP. Sooo I'm out of options unless I create a boot disk for a downloaded version of Windows 7.

bionic-root-340x600.png
screen_20110908_0939-340x600.png

Disclaimer: DroidForums.net or myself is not responsible if you break your phone while using this method to root your Bionic. Please proceed at your own risk.

Download: MotorolaOneClickRoot.zip

Instructions:

1. Make sure you have Motorola drivers installed - [Download Drivers]
2. Download the MotorolaOneClickRoot.zip file from above and unzip it to your Windows PC.
3. On your phone go into Settings>Applications>Development and check the box for USB Debugging.
4. Plug phone into your computer and select “Charge Only” mode.
5. Navigate to MotorolaOneClickRoot folder and run MotorolaOneClickRoot.exe.
6. Follow the instructions in the command window.
7. Your phone will complete 3 steps, rebooting along the way. When it finishes, you will be rooted.

Source

===========================================================

How to unroot your Bionic

Download: PetesMotorolaRootTools.zip

*Pete’s root tools will also root your Bionic as well. This is a dual-tool.

Instructions:

1. Download and unzip PetesMotorolaRootTools.zip onto your Windows PC.
2. Make sure the Motorola drivers are still installed.
3. Make sure USB Debugging is still selected.
4. Connect your Bionic to your computer.
5. Run the Pete’s Motorola Root Tools.exe.
6. Select UnRoot My Phone at the bottom.
7. Your phone will reboot 3-4 times as the program goes through all 4 steps in the process.

Via: RootzWiki