Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Rooting should not affect your connectivity. It's what you do after you root. I've never owned a 4G phone so someone else might be able to help you out and chime in here.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Ok, I did that, and got my 4G back, but only for a brief moment before it switched to 3G (im in a strong 4G area). Earlier it did the same thing, before they both went away.
Obviously Im new to andriods, and the whole reason I wanted to root was so that I could freeze some one those annoying apps. Do I just need to go in and unroot?

If this problem keeps up then yea, unroot just to see if anything happens. It should make no difference but who knows!

segdoh49

Reaction score
Hey Wicked,
Quick question...on Petes' root/unroot methode, when plugging in usb, does it also have to be in 'charge only' mode ???

fatesounds

Reaction score
My Bionic doesn't want to root!

I've tried all the how to guides I can find which I think there is only about two right now but I keep getting the message error: device not found then it just stops at waiting for your phone to be connected. I've made sure debugging is checked I've rebooted everything. Oh I'm doing this on mac too. I've rooted tons of phones I don't know why this one is not being found. This is what it looks like and stays like when I try.

error: device not found***************************************************************************
* DROID 3 Easy Root script v7d *
* Please make sure you meet these pre-requisites:
* (a) install the correct driver... er, nevermind, we don't need no stinkin' drivers
* (b) turn on USB debugging (on your phone under Settings -> Applications)
* (c) plug in your phone and set your USB mode to 'PC Mode' (on Linux)
* or 'Charge Only' mode (on Mac)
* (but if it hangs waiting for the phone to connect, set it the other way)
* READY TO ROOT YOUR DROID 3 WHEN YOU ARE!
* Press enter to continue...
* Waiting for your phone to be connected...

wooddale

Reaction score
Just got my Bionic up and running today after sim card problems. I want root but Iam in a extended service area on a network extender thats why I had problems activating. you need to be on a verizon tower to activate. I dont think it matters with root because I dont believe you need service to do it. Anyone no?

OP
wicked

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Tried the reset, but still no 4G. Andd 3G took and odd amount of time to start up too. Kind of regretting doing this root

Should I go in and do a factory reset? I have everything backed up with the titanium pro, but I guess that wont work if I do the reset

Were you able to sort out your issues? Might want to have a look at this.

OP
wicked

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Just got my Bionic up and running today after sim card problems. I want root but Iam in a extended service area on a network extender thats why I had problems activating. you need to be on a verizon tower to activate. I dont think it matters with root because I dont believe you need service to do it. Anyone no?

Right, you don't need service to root.

JDROIDS

Reaction score
We had two questions in this trail about rooting with a MAC. Is this forbidden speak or something I don't know about? I was just wondering id this is possible with a MAC. I just replaced my windows computer (which I had rooted and ROM'd my original Droid since it was possible with) with a MAC so I was hoping to be able to do all my modifications to my Bionic with my MAC. Thanks for your help in advanced.

xxnonamexx

Reaction score
SO you can root and unroot a droid now. Question is it possible to root, remove bloatware then unroot back with the bloatware removed?. I messed with my OG with numerous ROMS, themes and it was really crazy getting the phone to work but it was fun. The Bionic I love it but want to remove bloatware and continue to receieve OTA etc. Thanks

Last edited:

BL4Z3D247

Reaction score
Ok, so I'm about to root my DB when it finishes charging. One thing I noticed so far is there is no Pete's Motorola Root Tools for Windows XP, or at least I can't find it. How does one unroot on Windows XP? Thanks in advance.