How To: Root your Motorola DROID Bionic

klh_5978

Reaction score
OMG i so did not know that. My profuse apologies. I have been a member for less than a year and rarely get on, much less post. I seriously did not know there was a strict policy against that topic. Thank you for the heads up.

As far as the. 902, please let me know if there is something i am doing wrong. It may just be my laptop. My husband tried to root his Droid 4on my laptop and it was no go. However, when he did it on his desktop, total success. Maybe I should try it there. Still, frustrating nonetheless.

azdrifter

Reaction score
OMG i so did not know that. My profuse apologies. I have been a member for less than a year and rarely get on, much less post. I seriously did not know there was a strict policy against that topic. Thank you for the heads up.

As far as the. 902, please let me know if there is something i am doing wrong. It may just be my laptop. My husband tried to root his Droid 4on my laptop and it was no go. However, when he did it on his desktop, total success. Maybe I should try it there. Still, frustrating nonetheless.
I have rooted and UN-rooted my Bionic several times and I have run into situations where the programs I used that worked were not successful and then they would work other times. As far as the .902 yes it does make a difference because I know that Pete's root tools does not work on anything after .901 and I think that .896 is the last build it did work on. One thing that might be causing a problem is if you are not on an Administrator profile on your laptop,I don't know why but for some reason my laptop will not root any phone on a regular user I had to enable the Administrator user to be able to root my bionic for other like HTC it was not necessary but Motorola is different and a bit more touchy. I'm sure that you have done this but I want to run this by you again.
1. Make sure USB debugging is turned on in your phone settings.
2.And make sure you are in Administrator profile .
3.Turn off the internet so you can disable antivirus while you root the phone.
4. Make sure you have the latest Motorola USB drivers on your laptop.
Sometimes Motofail will stop at 17% you will want to unplug the phone and retry sometimes that will do the trick.

The thing about rooting your Bionic alot of times it is trial and error until you get it right,good luck and I hope you get it rooted.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+

No worries, just needed to give you a heads up.

tjrobinson

Reaction score
motorolaoneclickroot doesn't work on my new bionic

I downloaded the drivers from the motorola site (the link took me to drivers for a 64 bit process/OS which won't work on XP) then the .zip file. Plugged in the phone and selected charge only. I then ran the motorolaoneclickroot app and the command window comes up for about 2 seconds then closes. Nothing happens on the phone. Suggestions?

azdrifter

Reaction score
I downloaded the drivers from the motorola site (the link took me to drivers for a 64 bit process/OS which won't work on XP) then the .zip file. Plugged in the phone and selected charge only. I then ran the motorolaoneclickroot app and the command window comes up for about 2 seconds then closes. Nothing happens on the phone. Suggestions?
Here's a really good Video by DroidmodderX on rooting the Bionic on .902 with Motofail hope it works.
[video=youtube;yctmA_RYEqY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yctmA_RYEqY[/video]

Doza451

Reaction score
Doesn't seem to work

Followed all the steps. My phone rebooted twice and i got the message in the 1ClickRoot saying my phone was successfully rooted. However, I do not see anything different. Superuser wasn't up. and I checked with this app "Root Check" to see if my phone was properly rooted. I get this message "Sorry, this device does not have proper root access.".... -_-

azdrifter

Reaction score
Followed all the steps. My phone rebooted twice and i got the message in the 1ClickRoot saying my phone was successfully rooted. However, I do not see anything different. Superuser wasn't up. and I checked with this app "Root Check" to see if my phone was properly rooted. I get this message "Sorry, this device does not have proper root access.".... -_-
I had that happen to me I ended up running the program 3 times before it took root, I can't explain why it does that because I have rooted this Bionic several times and then SBF back to stock and sometimes it works like a charm the first time, other times It gave me headaches. It could be because the bootloader hasn't been unlocked or something else like I said I can't really explain why but I just keep trying until it works and then try again. "That's what I do".

wooddale

Reaction score
I have never lost root since day one but I heard Motofail works every ti\me have you tried it

wooddale

Reaction score

azdrifter

Reaction score
Well depends SBF are called FXZ now lol I did one back before 901 used foreveroot and yes I maintained root. A good friend of mine FXZ,ed about 2 weeks then used Motofail to root and is running Eclipse Rom. Here is the FXZ xda-developers - View Single Post - [FXZ] Flash 5.9.902 to Stock / Unbrick and I think this is the Motofail motofail_windows.zip - *********** - online file sharing and storage - download Hope this helps.
Yeah now that I have been using Safestrap I switch between unsafe and safe system to change Rom's but occasionally I do testing and FXZ back to stock but I haven't in over a month because the last time I went back to stock I was stuck in fast boot for hours and couldn't get RSD lite to push the fastboot file it would crash on me finally after 5 hours of trying it took. So I have been careful not to FXZ anymore.LOL

azdrifter

Reaction score
way to unroot?
jie2.jpg

jie3.jpg

jie1.jpg

jie1-1.jpg

jie1-2.jpg
You can try motofail if that doesn't work your best bet is to download the fastboot files for your phone and the system version you were or are running when you rooted your phone. Then download RSD lite and get it back to stock.

attitude2.3

Reaction score
Please someone help

I just got a .902 bionic stock and I am having trouble rooting my phone. Does anyone have any good suggestions or ideas? I am fairly new to this so try to dumb it down lol

thank you

azdrifter

Reaction score
I just got a .902 bionic stock and I am having trouble rooting my phone. Does anyone have any good suggestions or ideas? I am fairly new to this so try to dumb it down lol

thank you

Here's a good video by DroidModd3rx....[video=youtube;yctmA_RYEqY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yctmA_RYEqY[/video]