How To: Root your Motorola DROID Bionic

Gremlin

Reaction score
Wifi Tether does not work.. Any idea which version will work? Thanks

JDROIDS

Reaction score
Does anyone know a way to do this (and other PC processes) using a Mac?

jmlaser

Reaction score
little bit of an issue...
Found the 32 bit drivers HERE and installed
downloaded the root package and extracted
Turned on USB debugging

When I click on the Oneclickroot it starts for a few seconds but then I get the windows
error report pop screen BS

Any ideas?

Also, The Unroot process isnt really laid out anywhere. Is it pretty straightforward? Another thread says its possible with this.

Really just need to install some older apps that are no longer on the market. I will do this with the titanium backup rename SD card method and then unroot in case something happens to the phone in warranty.

Thanks!

OP
wicked

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Updated OP with Unroot instructions.

wooddale

Reaction score
I cant believe it either my battery is still charging and I cant wait till its done to root.

llt_droid

Reaction score
Don't have a Bionic yet, but for other devices I've always read that one click rooting should not be used. I've never used it on either my Droid or Xoom. Just curious. Thanks.

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
Damn, root already? Wasn't the bootloader locked? Or was it just easier to bypass the locked bootloader because it probably had an almost identical bootloader as the D3?
I'm not gonna get a bionic just for the fact that by the time I upgrade there will be newer, better phones out anyway but I'm definitely encouraged by this quick work on getting the bionic rooted, although the phone I'm hoping for might have brand new challenges- hoping for nexus prime and who knows how rooting the new ice cream sandwich will be... (hah maybe I'll get super lucky and win a bionic though lol)

supercharged modified simply stunning 5.5 w/turbocharged 3g
Chevyno1 ulv 1.25GHz w/ kickasskernel tweaks
honeycomb 3D theme
19.8 linpack score