How to root your Incredible 2 with 2.3.4 explained

Discussion in 'Droid Incredible 2 Hacks' started by Droid Firefighter, Oct 22, 2011.

1. Droid Firefighter

Droid Firefighter Senior Member

Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
    Ratings:
    +25
    Current Phone Model:
    S8
    The [*] & [+] shouldn't be at every line, I believe that is what's causing you problems.

After getting to C:\vwhk-12102011-c> are you typing hack-vivow ?

Have you tried deleting all the files and start over with fresh downloads?

This post is Incredible 2!

2. assumeddarkness

assumeddarkness New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm not sure how I'm getting * + ether and yes I'm typing hack - vivow and that's what I come up with ill delete it and re download and give it another shot

3. assumeddarkness

Ratings:
    +0
    ok i have re downloaded it twice and everytime i get the samething so getting pissed at the phone im bout ready to break it we i see i downloaded superoneclick to root a phone for a friend so i was like screw it whats the worst that can happen so i run it now my phone has super user i can run some root app but not all cause my s-on so why wont vwhk-12102011-c work for me ??????

4. assumeddarkness

Ratings:
    +0
    I would like to point out is that NO WHERE DO YOU SEE ANY POST SAYING that: dont unlock your bootloder first. cause that was the first thing i did and didnt think it was going to stop me from downgrading my Dinc2 but as soon as I relocked it the next time I ran vwhk BOOM it work NOW IF ONLY SOMEWHERE IT WOULD OF SAID HEY YOU MIGHT NOT WANT TO UNLOCK YOUR BOOTLOADER THEN MAYBE I WOULDNT OF SPENT A MONTH THINKING I WAS DOING SOMETHING WRONG!!! but hey

5. Droid Firefighter

Ratings:
    +25
    Current Phone Model:
    S8
    But hey, this process is to unlock the bootloader and downgrade the software. Why would you try to unlock an unlocked bootloader? At what point did you mention you had an unlocked bootloader when you were crying for help? There is no need to throw attitude towards me or anyone else that tried to help you when this was a problem caused by YOU! That being said, I'm glad you got it to work, enjoy.

#101 Droid Firefighter, Feb 10, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2012
  6. assumeddarkness

Ratings:
    +0
    Yo there's no attitude is was just saying that it would of been nice to know that you don't need to unlock your bootloader cause that's what I did figuring that I would have to do it just to be able to downgrade the phone cause no where that I have been says anything about if you stop by htcdev and unlocked your bootloader before trying to use vwhk downgrade that you will be unable to do so and go back and
    re-lock your bootloader to proceed with the downgrade. I'm sorry if I came across like an a$$

7. Droid Firefighter

Ratings:
    +25
    Current Phone Model:
    S8
    Fair enough. Running any custom ROM s yet?

Ps You make a good point. I'll edit the original post later today.

8. assumeddarkness

Ratings:
    +0
    mos def im running MIUI big fan of it plus i like trying any rom thats available and this aint my first time at the rodeo i have rooted before had the og droid, Dinc ,rooted att HTC inspire for a friend and now trying to root the lg revolution for a friend, so agian im sorry about that I was venting more than anything going to form after form being told im doing it wrong when yeah i kinda was but if i only knew i jump the gun by unlocking the bootloader by it self but hey im only human i got excited to root the dinc2

9. DigitalDroid57

Ratings:
    +0
    All Honestly How Hard is This? Downgrading And Stuff......I'm A Bit Nervous About This. I Have rooted Phones Tablets Before But This Is A First That I'm Actually A Bit Nervous About. Why is This The Only WaY To Root It?

10. gogogadgetguy

gogogadgetguy New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All. I am trying to downgrade to from 2.3.4 so i can root on an droid incredible. I have followed all the prompts. disabled fastboot, enabled usb bugging, and ran the file associated with running. It says complete, but when i check my version I am still on 2.3.4. What am I doing wrong?

11. gogogadgetguy

gogogadgetguy New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    do i need to have an sd card installed? Have run the process 3 times and still on 2.3.4

12. gogogadgetguy

gogogadgetguy New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i am running on xp but have administrator privileges . cause im the only user. is there something i am missing?

Search tags for this page
how to root a droid incredible 2 2.3.4

how to root droid incredible 2 2.3.4

how to root htc droid incredible 2 2.3.4
how to root htc incredible 2

root droid incredible 2

root droid incredible 2 2.3.4

root htc incredible 2

root htc incredible 2 2.3.4

root htc incredible 2 with 2.3.4
root vivow