[How To:] Root Your Droid 3

ACalcutt

Reaction score
Having an issue using adb push. Im logged into shell but when i use the push command it saying adb not found. Any ideas? Sorry, first time having to use ADB..

you don't do the push inside adb shell. exit adb shell then do the adb push commands

dazoe

Reaction score
Anyone else notice that following the original method from Security Research by Dan Rosenberg after the final reboot the owner on data changes back to system:system and local.prop.bak was deleted?

Kinda makes me wonder... maybe just adding .bak is not ideal.

edit: and what i mean by what i said is I did not change the owner of data back to system or rm local.prop.bak it did that by it's self. Also i did not use the one-click and using 12m for the link cause a directory to be made... /data/batch it'd be better to just use /data/local/12m/batch for the link instead.

Last edited:

Yonnor

I r Teh Greetest
Reaction score
I can also vouch the 1-Click Method via Rootzwiki works.

PS: I used version 7, I have ubuntu 11.04

Cdjones187

Reaction score
Yeah the one click worked great, except now my 3g doesn't work. Its "connected" but not active. (3g is blue when active, mine is stuck white)

Johnnyb

Reaction score
Yeah the one click worked great, except now my 3g doesn't work. Its "connected" but not active. (3g is blue when active, mine is stuck white)

You've probably already done this but try a reboot? I rebooted mine as soon as I had root...'cause I'm weird like that and I have no issue's at all with my 3g.

dazoe

Reaction score
The one-click method leaves the /system mounted as read-write... so it's a good idea to reboot after the one-click method was used

Cdjones187

Reaction score
I've rebooted twice, battery pull for 30 seconds, did the airplane mode toggle, manually disabled data and re-enabled. Even *228 and updated roaming. Still nothing. Data on my other phones work.

EDIT: Right after i posted this it came back on its own.. I'll just blame verizon, or maybe the radio.

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
"1. Make sure you have Motorola drivers installed - [Download Drivers] 2. Download and unzip ‘Droid 3 easy root script v5′ - [Download 1-Click] 3. On your phone: Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging(check box) 4. Plug phone into computer and select “Charge Only” mode 5. Navigate to ‘Droid 3 easy root’ folder and run ‘Click to root your Droid 3.bat’ 6. Now just follow the instructions in the command window and unlock the phone after each reboot."

I have a few questions...

1. What does unlock the phone after each reboot supposed to mean?
2. Do I just plug in my phone to my Mac, and open run_to_root_your_droid3.sh and it does the hard work for me?

Last edited:

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
Mine stops and says "waiting for phone to be connected..."
And mine is on charging only,with USB debugging on.

Johnnyb

Reaction score
Are you sure the drivers are installed and functioning?

Sent from my D3, waiting for root to unleash this beast.

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
Are you sure the drivers are installed and functioning?

Sent from my D3, waiting for root to unleash this beast.

Yea I did.
But I tried it on my Mac and it worked.

Soooo...not this baby is rooted, how do I freeze the bloatware?
And does Android overclock work for it? ( I don't expect it to )

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
For easy root, how do I download the Motorola Drivers? Do I open it onto my phone? Or? Same thing with the Easy Root script?