[How To:] Root Your Droid 3

Mungo Baobab

Reaction score
One click doesnt work for me either. Keep getting link failed file exists and the permission failed errors. I installed a new batch of drivers and rebooted. Will just wait till I get home to try it on my main cpu instead of my work one.

Mungo Baobab

Reaction score
okay gang for those who are having trouble with 1 click root for the droid 3. They just posted version 7 of it which fixed some peoples permission (myself included) issues.

Here is the new link. (You can also get it from droid-life link for the Root Wiki)

DROID 3 easy root script v7.zip

km75

Reaction score
Now that was easy. So glad to have all that bloatware off of my phone. Thanx to those that put in the time and effort to make this possible

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
anyone got a link to the 32 bit drivers. Can't find them anywhere.

i4mt3hwin

Reaction score
Sorry for being retarded, but how are you guys uninstalling the bloat? Just Terminal Emulator? If so what is the command? rm "location/file" ?

Mungo Baobab

Reaction score
Gang,

Regarding the bloat ware. XDA Devs are recommending holding off on removal of the bloatware since we do not have any recovery options, and if you remove something important you may have a soft brick. One person's recommendation was to rename the apks as .bak so they are at least still on the phone if you do start getting FC's. Just a precaution.

Last edited:

ACalcutt

Reaction score
Finally got home to a working adb :-D. rooting was successful and wicked easy. :-D

Maverick0984

Reaction score
Gang,

Regarding the bloat ware. XDA Devs are recommending holding off on removal of the bloatware since we do not have any recovery options, and if you remove something important you may have a soft brick. One person's recommendation was to rename the apks as .bak so they are at least still on the phone if you do start getting FC's. Just a precaution.

I also said this in post #29 of this thread.

Bloodhawlk

Reaction score
after i get root prompt and try to adb push it says its not found. any ideas or tips???

Cdjones187

Reaction score
Well I thought I followed instructions to a T, but after inputting all the commands I'm not ending up with the "#" symbol and can go no further. What am I doing wrong???????? I didn't get any errors while putting in the exploit..

EDIT: NVM, was excited and expected immediate "#", forgot to reboot!

Last edited:

militant

Reaction score
Quick question before I root. Is there anyway to back up the stock rom? I have insurance, so if I ever need to turn the phone back in under insurance, I'd like to be able to do so. Also what are the must have apps and little things to do when first getting root? I will be popping my root cherry.

Cdjones187

Reaction score
Having an issue using adb push. Im logged into shell but when i use the push command it saying adb not found. Any ideas? Sorry, first time having to use ADB..