[HOW TO] Root without using ADB

Immolate

Reaction score
Yup couple of good points... default terminal fault is really small, so if your eyes have trouble with tiny detail, go in to the menu and change your default font to something bigger. I went to 16.

Also, Swype (included with your phone) is not the best keyboard for typing in terminal in my experience. It isn't hard to change it, so unless you're a Swype master, you probably want to do that.

joeymoose

Reaction score
I hate how this video stops before the second part. It's not working for me...

I keep getting "rm/system/bin/rootshell: Not Found.... Any Help plz?

OP
Q

qoncept

joey, you need a space after rm
rm /system/bin/rootshell

OP
Q

qoncept

I think I'd probably start over then. You probably missed one step somewhere.

tam5070

Reaction score
I was able to do everything until the copying busybox code line. I know the reason being is that when I downloaded the DroidXRoot package and unzipped it, it only had 4 files in it. The exploid exploid .c su and superuser.apk

Anyone have a link to the complete file or a solution to this without the file? Thanks!

k20dan

Reaction score
i try downloading the first file from alldroid forums. and my x keeps saying "the content is not supported on this phone. please help

Humpa

Reaction score
i try downloading the first file from alldroid forums. and my x keeps saying "the content is not supported on this phone. please help
I just replied to that question.
My x will not download the zip file...says file not supported....ideas.
Thanks
This thread is rather small. That question has been asked and answered with a couple different solutions.
Someone said Skyfire works, and someone said to download Astro and change the browser download setting. Did niether of those solutions work for you?

mcsinfl

Reaction score

Do you have Astro, or some other program installed that recognizes zip files? Sounds like that may be your problem

k20dan

Reaction score
nvm, i just rooted it. and to clarify things for other people who are having trouble.

this is how i did it.

1. download the file from AllDroid.org from your pc
2. then place the file into the download folder on the SDcard.
3. then unplug your phone from the pc.
4. after that go into ASTRO, long press the zip file that you downloaded and placed there. should be called (DroidXRoot_v2)
5. then after you long pressed the file click on "extract" then "extract to this directory"
6. then open up Terminal Emulator and follow the steps on entering the commands.

chazall1

Reaction score
How Can You Unroot without ADB

I have Root: By just following the process

1. download the file from AllDroid.org from your pc
2. then place the file into the download folder on the SDcard.
3. then unplug your phone from the pc.
4. after that go into ASTRO, long press the zip file that you downloaded and placed there. should be called (DroidXRoot_v2)
5. then after you long pressed the file click on "extract" then "extract to this directory"
6. then open up Terminal Emulator and follow the steps on entering the commands.

I followed the commands to unroot, when I was using ADB and it worked. What is the proper way to unroot not using ADB?

nysta151

Reaction score
Hello I've been trying to get this to work and I keep getting stuck at
cp /sdcard/download/exploid ./exploid no such file or directory even though I retyped it about 5 times. I extracted the files into the download folder and even rebooted my droid x.I am using stock 2.1

Humpa

Reaction score
Hello I've been trying to get this to work and I keep getting stuck at
cp /sdcard/download/exploid ./exploid no such file or directory even though I retyped it about 5 times. I extracted the files into the download folder and even rebooted my droid x.I am using stock 2.1
On your phone, open Astro (or whatever file manager you have) and go to sdcard/download and tell us the contents.
I'm betting you unzipped, and put the unzipped folder in "download" as opposed the the unzipped folder's contents.