How to root stock 2.2 using unrEVOked 3.32

kasuji

Reaction score
im stucked at "On Windows (only), open the Device Manager and verify that you see the "Android for ADB""

dont see that on device manager, only "My HTC"
:(

I don't think that you have the correct drivers (the adb drivers) installed. I was confused about that when i rooted mine. Follow these instructions and see if it helps:

public:windows_hboot_driver_install [RootWiki]
did that. when my phone is connected, it will show android boot interface. when i removed the cable. it says MY HTC.

:(

BWAT1009

Reaction score
Well i am stumped then, i am far from an expert sorry. Just for sake of asking, u dont have HTC sync installed on your computer do u?

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

kasuji

Reaction score
Well i am stumped then, i am far from an expert sorry. Just for sake of asking, u dont have HTC sync installed on your computer do u?

htc sync is not installed on my PC :icon_eek:

tweebee

Incredible RS
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

htc sync is not installed on my PC :icon_eek:

Is your phone the Incredible? Your profile shows the HTC Desire. This rooting tutorial is for the HTC Incredible.

incredible12

Reaction score
Unrevoked help

Ok, so I have a 13-inch aluminum macbook that is running snow leopard, with a droid incredible that I updated to froyo. I downloaded unrevoked 3 and ran it, but when it says plug in phone and I plug it in, it still says waiting for phone. I've tried using charge mode and disk drive, I have usb debugging enable, have rebooted my phone, reformatted my sd card, enabled unknown sources, basically everything and nothing seems to work! Doe any one know what I'm doing wrong? I have looked everywhere.

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
this was easier than rooting the D1. lol. I cant believe how simple the unrevoked tool was. Its a cinch.

BeavermanA

Reaction score
Just wanted to say thanks. Everything worked smoothly rooting my 2.2 incredible first try. Now I have free WiFi tether for the Asus Transformer, if I can get my hands on one anyway.

amgala

Reaction score
I have a couple of questions, and I would appreciate any help!

1) How does DropBox affect the root process? I know it says to uninstall it, but would quitting the application also solve the problem? I would assume not since it specifically says to uninstall it, but I was just curious.

2) I am buying a used DINC that I believe is already rooted, but I'm not sure how or when it was. Can I use unrevoked 3.32 again on the DINC to make sure that it is rooted with S-OFF and/or update any root files? I know on the OG Droid, certain "quick-root" apps don't create a proper, full root, so I just want to make sure my DINC is properly, fully rooted.

tweebee

Incredible RS
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

1) How does DropBox affect the root process? I know it says to uninstall it, but would quitting the application also solve the problem? I would assume not since it specifically says to uninstall it, but I was just curious.

2) I am buying a used DINC that I believe is already rooted, but I'm not sure how or when it was. Can I use unrevoked 3.32 again on the DINC to make sure that it is rooted with S-OFF and/or update any root files? I know on the OG Droid, certain "quick-root" apps don't create a proper, full root, so I just want to make sure my DINC is properly, fully rooted.

1) It has files installed that interfere with the rooting process. Best way is to uninstall and then reinstall again after rooting.

2) If the phone is already rooted with s-off, there is no need to re-root it again. But if you really want to, then yes, you can take it back to stock and root again, but it's unnecessary. The main thing is having s-off, any ROMs you installed will already have root. My phone was rooted with Unrevoked 3.21 beta.

amgala

Reaction score

1) It has files installed that interfere with the rooting process. Best way is to uninstall and then reinstall again after rooting.

2) If the phone is already rooted with s-off, there is no need to re-root it again. But if you really want to, then yes, you can take it back to stock and root again, but it's unnecessary. The main thing is having s-off, any ROMs you installed will already have root. My phone was rooted with Unrevoked 3.21 beta.

Thanks! Well I found out that it was rooted only a couple months ago using the latest version of unrEVOked, so I'm good to go!

chrislss

Reaction score
Thanks for the post...

My DIN rooted on the second attempt, thanks to both enlighted and Unrevoked 3.2!

Arcangl123

Reaction score
Enlightened

You are the greatest! I got it on the first try. No issues at all. This is my first time at trying to root and it could not of went any easier. I am going to the CyanogenMOD 7 since a friend at work cant stop talking about it but I had to root first. Any comments on Cyanogen?

Again THANKS!!!

Arcangl123

Reaction score
Now thats funny!! Just got pulled off my high that I was doing the right thing at the right time and being extra patient and you get it on the first try...

Well just rooted my wife DIN and it took the 3 strike to hit the homer....Oh well! It still worked and Enlightened is still the greatest.

Thanks again, again!!