How to Root Droid Razr/Maxx running 4.0.4!

jae480

Reaction score
Hey guys I have made a video tutorial that I hope will help you guys root your Razr running the official 4.0.4.
If you guys have any questions don't hesitate to ask and I would appreciate it if you subscribe to my channel. If not
thats ok I hope this helps!

[video=youtube;PaZ0xgItet4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaZ0xgItet4&feature=plcp[/video]

Kegapult

Reaction score
Where is the link to download this. Also, just to make sure, I have DROID RAZR 6.16.211.XT912 running ICS 4.0.4. This will work for it, right? Thanks in advance for taking time to answer this for me. (Just nervous about rooting my phone and it not work)

hondabomdc5

Reaction score
I have .215.....will this method work for .215??? Also, can you tell a difference with battery life with rooting?

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
I have .215.....will this method work for .215??? Also, can you tell a difference with battery life with rooting?
There is nothing in the root process that will improve your battery life. It is what you do after root that can make a difference. First, if you root, you can download a number of apps from the Play Store that will allow you to control certain setting on your phone that you cannot influence without root. Secondly, you can use an app like Titanium Backup (and others) to "freeze" apps that you never use or have no intention of using. This prevents them from starting on their own thus saving battery, cpu time and internal memory resources. You can also "freeze" some services and other functions, but you may find that an app doesn't work as a result of a service you froze. In that case you'll have to unfreeze the service or find a different app that doesn't use that service. Example: I froze Yahoo calendar service and when I did my Smooth Calendar app would not work correctly...go figure. As soon as I unfroze Yahoo calendar service the Smooth Calendar work just fine. It can be a trial and error at times when freezing apps...but it does not damage your phone.

hondabomdc5

Reaction score
There is nothing in the root process that will improve your battery life. It is what you do after root that can make a difference. First, if you root, you can download a number of apps from the Play Store that will allow you to control certain setting on your phone that you cannot influence without root. Secondly, you can use an app like Titanium Backup (and others) to "freeze" apps that you never use or have no intention of using. This prevents them from starting on their own thus saving battery, cpu time and internal memory resources. You can also "freeze" some services and other functions, but you may find that an app doesn't work as a result of a service you froze. In that case you'll have to unfreeze the service or find a different app that doesn't use that service. Example: I froze Yahoo calendar service and when I did my Smooth Calendar app would not work correctly...go figure. As soon as I unfroze Yahoo calendar service the Smooth Calendar work just fine. It can be a trial and error at times when freezing apps...but it does not damage your phone.

Yeah i know and by freezing and deleting some of the bloatware i would think it could possibly help with battery life and also being able to set the speed of the processor with setcpu and other apps alike.

So I want to root and i have been looking around on the forums on how to root the razr.....if i follow the above video will it work? and also i saw where the OP said something about he had another video about fastboot files or something of that nature....im guessing this is done after root and it should be done so i could get back to stock if i wanted?

abrannan19

Reaction score
Where is the link to download this.

^^WHS

do you have a link for us to download the root software? The video is nice but not very useful without the root software already downloaded like you have.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
The link is in the sticky of this forum, the Razr Utility version 1.8.

doc_b

Reaction score
Which download

I found the link but which one do I download. I am using 4.0.4 Razr Max

Last edited:

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
I found the link but which one do I download. I am using 4.0.4 Razr Max
I don't have anything against the OP and the information he has posted in his thread, but if you want to root your phone I recommend using Matt G's DroidRazrUtility 1.81 or 1.82. You can find that utility on this forum. It is regarded as the safest and easiest way to root your razr running 4.0.4.